Isolation 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Just thinking out loud, I really have not formed an opinion. Aren't license plates a rather arbitrary way of doing this? What if you live in NH but go to NY to work or visit family? Why shouldn't you also be stopped when you return to NH?

The Constitutions Article 4 Privileges and Immunities Clause sets the bar. If NH or any state, were to block a non-resident from entering that state, they would be in violation of that clause. It is the part of the document that allows us to travel from state to state at will, except of course for tolls ;)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The Constitutions Article 4 Privileges and Immunities Clause sets the bar. If NH or any state, were to block a non-resident from entering that state, they would be in violation of that clause. It is the part of the document that allows us to travel from state to state at will, except of course for tolls ;)
But all bets are off if there is a quarantine that is being considered for later today. :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'm sure there are more, but these are some favorite titles from my own library.

Was looking some more at archive.org and many of my favorite pine barrens books don't seem to be there. But here's one I really enjoyed. Went on just about all of the South Jersey hikes when I moved back here in 1994. Still have my copy that is falling apart from so much use back then. :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I think we need to be careful about this topic, because it could easily spiral into a political discussion. I didn't know what was being discussed with regard to closing borders until I did a Google search. You can do the same. To be intentionally vague, people were not "agreeing to this". It was just the idea of one person who did not even discuss it with the governors of the states in question. Or at least, that was the situation a few hours ago...

This has been a really good, positive thread so far, and I've enjoyed the stories and photos that you are all posting. Wouldn't it be nice if we could keep it that way? :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Here's an interesting 19th century book to check out. Couldn't find it on archive.org, however you can read the whole book on Google (presumably since it's public domain) and even download a free e-book. It includes some cool vintage Rand-McNally maps and nice woodcuts as illustrations.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here's an interesting 19th century book to check out. Couldn't find it on archive.org, however you can read the whole book on Google (presumably since it's public domain) and even download a free e-book. It includes some cool vintage Rand-McNally maps and nice woodcuts as illustrations.

They discuss charcoaling. Some interesting illistrations.

Reactions: old jersey girl

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
For auto race fans, I watched the iRacing simulated IndyCar race yesterday, had their normal announcers. Pretty amazing, very realistic. Watched on Youtube. NASCAR, IndyCar, F1 and IMSA are doing it with drivers from their series. NASCAR is broadcast on FS1.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/sage-karam-wins-indycar-iracing-challenge-race

Info on how its done.

Yesterdays IndyCar race.

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
We haven't seen my grandson for two weeks now, except through facetime.
Yesterday I dropped off some fresh day boat scallops from River Road Clam House to his Daddy and my other son Mike and we were able to talk to my grandson through a window for a few minutes. It is sad and frustrating but also necessary. :(

Today my son, grandson and daughter-in-law are headed out to another favorite place of mine in the Pines with their dogs and we aren't going to be tagging along. It's killing me.

• Sad
Reactions: glowordz and bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
For auto race fans, I watched the iRacing simulated IndyCar race yesterday, had their normal announcers. Pretty amazing, very realistic. Watched on Youtube. NASCAR, IndyCar, F1 and IMSA are doing it with drivers from their series. NASCAR is broadcast on FS1.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/sage-karam-wins-indycar-iracing-challenge-race

Info on how its done.

Yesterdays IndyCar race.

Jessica watch it last weekend and enjoyed it. I saw about 5 minutes of it. There is one today at 1PM. Qualifying I believe.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My mom is 92 so we have had to stay away. The only places she went by herself is the hairdresser and the doctors anyway. My brother does all the shopping so she has not left the house in weeks. She has been going to the hairdresser since my dad died right after Jessica was born, so for the first time in that many years she washed and set it herself. She seemed pleased with herself. Other than serious arthuritis she is pretty healthy but you never know with this virus.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We broke from isolation today and visited the Webb's Mill beaver dam along our way. Not too bad but it does have some backup.

IMG_4386a.JPG

Traffic was really light. There was a man picking up trash along 532 between Ringler Ave and the PP entrance. A few cars there with hikers and one car at the PP entrance by the Ammon nursery. We did see a car heading into the woods by Webb's Mill but other than that is was quiet.

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I have 7 grandkids; 3 in Maryland, 2 in Georgia, and 2 granddaughter just around the corner from me. I stopped there at the end my run this morning just to let them know that Grandpa loves them. My wife speaks to some of them by using Messenger on Facebook. The kids (I'm not a techy) can super impose animated facial characters to their face and talk as the character. They can also place their face on a animated character and have it dance. My wife gets a kick out of it.

Maybe other members can explain this better then me.

Reactions: Boyd
Status
Not open for further replies.