Isolation 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
My friend is a buisness administrator of a rural town. He said the state is sending mixed messages regarding outdoor recreation. They asked him to shut down his municipal parks yet they are allowing people to fish on state park lakes.
I am a fisherman but I can understand his point.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Meanwhile, a front page news story. In Philadelphia, Elinore Kaufman a fellow in surgical critical care and trauma surgery at the University of Pennsylvania pleads with people to stop shooting each other; "we need the beds for Covid-19 patients." There were more than 120 shootings in Philly last month. Depressing.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I wore a mask when I went to BJ's, the liquor store, and drug store today. It makes sense. 85-90% of the people in BJ's were wearing one. It felt natural, while those without one seemed to be taking a risk.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My wife and daughter went to the grocery store today, and most people there had on a mask or some sort of protection.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Reluctantly putting on my moderator's hat again.... Most of you know I take a very "hands off" approach to moderating, so I'm not going to delete any posts or lock this thread. But I am asking Ben to review it and decide whether nine pages is enough.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So we again broke isolation and headed to the pines to walk the old road on the other side of the Oswego from Martha. Parking at Martha we visited the bridge again bringing back memories of years gone by.

Taken today. Take notice of the raised sand area just above my name in the water.

IMG_4389a.JPG

That sand area was an island with trees growing when I first visited, and this photo developed in 8/1975 shows myself and the late KC Mahon metal detecting for keys to a motorcycle that were lost there by a motorcycle rider out of view.

Guy:KC:8:75:Developed.JPG

Anyway, back to today. The road north on our way up was quite wet in places and Jessica's boots were leaking pretty bad. Here she is resting on the sawmill along the road. I know I have another photo of her doing the same thing there but as of yet have not found it.

IMG_4401a.JPG

Someone has been traveling this road during the winter and has cut all of the trees in the way. We eventually turned around as we did not as of yet find what we were looking for and we were running out of time. We walked 3 miles and had 8000 steps on her fit bit.

IMG_4402a.JPG

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Late last summer, I passed two kids in a Jeep Cherokee that drove over that bridge. I asked them if it was a fun trip over and the driver's response was it was a little sketchy.

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We were out again today trying to stay away from people. Walked through the woods for 20 minutes and came upon a truck. Turned around and headed back. Then went to a remote place we go all the time and could hear motorcycle at my car through the woods. It was time to head home.

Reactions: Boyd
Status
Not open for further replies.