Isolation 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
No don't take that wrong, I was wondering if there was a significance to your question?

Okay Joe, thanks. I thought you were having a bad day. I only asked because I'm sure the people in those cars were wandering around Batsto Village, causing the staff to be a little freaked out by it.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Okay Joe, thanks. I thought you were having a bad day. I only asked because I'm sure the people in those cars were wandering around Batsto Village, causing the staff to be a little freaked out by it.

No problem, I'm not sure if there was staff there or not, I do know the main gate to the parking lot was closed and there were definitely people walking the village and other areas. I reminded me of the country living fair when I was driving past.

• Wow
Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That is unfortunate. Had some very nice cantaloupe with breakfast and a nicely marbled ribeye will be on the grill for dinner ;)

Speaking of grill, I don't have natural gas so have to use propane and I ran out yesterday. Decided to take the least risk by going to the gas station in whiting, and paid $22. Walmart was $14 last year. Nothing like selling in big volume.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Since I've never tried it, thought I would have a look at how online shopping works at Shoprite. Went to their site and clicked the link for online shopping and immediately saw the alert below. I didn't want to "get in line", I just wanted some info about how the process works. But I guess I have to "wait in line" to even find that. Now, whenever I got to any part of the Shoprite website, it just sends me back here.

How ridiculous is that? And why in the world would you have to "wait in line" to access a website? Why can't you just place an order and then receive notification about when it will be available? Does anybody here actually use this? How does it work?

View attachment 13293
I've had to do the same. I waited 5 days to get a place in line though. I finally got one this afternoon. I can pick up my groceries on Thursday.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Speaking of grill, I don't have natural gas so have to use propane and I ran out yesterday.

No gas here, I use charcoal. Am pretty well-stocked, but was thinking that now might be a good time to start a "how to make your own charcoal" thread. OTOH, a campfire works pretty well too. :D

Reactions: bobpbx

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I like the lump charcoal, but the briquettes burn longer and more evenly, so that's what I've been using. Have not even looked at prices recently.

To conserve charcoal, I have a spray bottle with water and after I finish cooking I moisten the coals and seal the BBQ so they go out. Then, next time I put an old grill over the trash can and dump the contents from the BBQ so the ashes go though into the trash and I can put the partially-burned charcoal back. Cuts way down on the amount of charcoal that I use. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 46er

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yes, there will be many things to learn from this virus. I found this article a bit disturbing. Could we actually be damaging people by using ventilators? I sleep with a CPAP machine, which automatically pumps air in when I breathe during sleep so the airway doesn't collapse. If I went into hospital, I"d bring my machine, but that is a problem. It would simply spew the virus into the room on the exhale.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/202...=yt9c0T3kW6rz@SoRsBi6v9DN2UKEpwmpZJuUUylx/9g=

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
You will also find Wildlife Management Areas indicated on my Map of the Pines, for example: https://online.boydsmaps.com/#16/39.8143/-74.3564/pinesHD
Do you have WMA boundaries in there? That would be impressive. I've never seen them except on the Fish & Wildlife PDF maps that bobpbx linked to, which don't help much if you have a Lat, Lon coordinate and want to know if it is inside a WMA or other open space land. I've looked, and I don't think WMAs are on Trailtracker at all (which is State Park Service, so they don't concern themselves with WMAs). Openstreetmap.org has a few, maybe, but not most. Have you found a source for WMA boundaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.