Jane Wyatt, NJ Actress, R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
How do you know she didn't effect anyone, quite honestly I use to watch father knows best with my grandparents on nickelodeon when I was real young. When I heard about her death I did not know who she was, but I knew the show and it therefore brought back memories of my grandparents. Death isn't really something to joke about, having cancer at age 19 teaches you that. What is the point of responding to a post with a 18 year old attitude. Clearly the post was maybe intended for a different generation, but no need to act like some punk with a response like that.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yeah okay, thousands of people die everyday! Why is the single person more important then everyone else. Annnnd she was 96! She led a long life and it isn't a huge shock that she died. No one this page is related to her and no one knew her. None of you ACTAULLY cares because it doesn't effect your lives one bit. So cut the self rightous bull####.

She was a celebrity, jackass. Someone posted an obit of someone with a NJ connection. I don't see why this offends you so much. Maybe because it has nothing to do with muddin'?

If you don't care, move on instead of trolling my forums and acting like a colossal douche.

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
Wow this really got out of hand. Over an American TV Icon, in a 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' forum, who hailed from New Jersey. I am so happy my generation was a little more receptive in respecting people.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
The only thing that can help that kid mature is a good ol' fashioned arse-whoopin'! If, in the real world, he acts the way he does on this board, such a lesson in maturity is undoubtedly on the horizon. :)

ebsi2001

Explorer
May 2, 2006
southern NJ
Tsk, tsk...

People,

I, for one am NOT offended --- just very disappointed in the lack of decorum some on this list have exhibited in commenting on the passing of a famous New Jerseyan.

Perhaps, some consider me to be just a meddling, "old fogey," but Jane Wyatt and her TV husband had a profound influence on many of my generation.

I lived, at that time, in a rural area, and there were only three channels on the TV (3, 6 and 10). Life in The Pines mimiced, to some degree, the lifestyle espoused by the series "Father Knows Best." It was a time when comedians did not have to be crude, rude or "dirty" to be funny. It was a time when we took our guns to school (Hunter Safety Classes were held after school.), and readings from the Bible were not banned. We tended to hold our leaders in high esteem, and as a nation (at least, in The Pines) we held our head up high. We felt that our country, the one espoused by President Theodore Roosevelt, "walked softly, and carried a big stick." Preemptive strikes, and a few other phrases were not in the lexica of the day...

Was Jane Wyatt my "favorite actress"? Probably not. Was she my "favorite celebrity" from New Jersey? (I did not know that Jane Wyatt was born in New Jersey --- in a place called "Campgaw" --- until I read her obituary.). However, I do wish to pay my respects to a person from this State, who had a profound influence on so many of us in a kinder, gentler time; and I thought some others on this list might wish to do so, as well.

ebsi

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Really? You had no intentions of making yourself look like a moron and an asshole? You had no intentions of making a bad impression of yourself? I suppose nobody truly intends to do oneself wrong, so I believe you.

00xj54

Scout
May 2, 2006
Really? You had no intentions of making yourself look like a moron and an asshole? You had no intentions of making a bad impression of yourself? I suppose nobody truly intends to do oneself wrong, so I believe you.

I think some people one here take the whole forum a little to seriously.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Oh, so that was your intention? To make us all realize that we take this forum too seriously? Golly! It all makes perfect sense now. Thank you, 00xj54!

supercilious

Scout
Jun 27, 2004
I think some people one here take the whole forum a little to seriously.

OOxj54 made absolute sense, i guess people here care about Jane Wyatt so much they have donated 60% of their income to the elderly, if you havent, you dont give a shit. So get off OOxj54 for speaking reality that noone gives a shit about it, like anyone would give a shit here if your 4th cousin living in Canada died at 84 after living 60 years as a billionare, and died in an orgy. Who cares, wow someone on TV died, what about the guy who repaired your phone line last month and died, i dont see you stalking his life, or giving a shit. OOxj54 made absolute sense about humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.