lost on apple pie hill

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
When we are all in jail, the press will call us the Apple Pie Hill Gang!

Guy

B

bach2yoga

njvike said:
KenDawg said:
I'm with Ken, I'll borrow a back ho from work and lets get busy. lol

Once I get all of that snow out of the way, I'm there.

My sons have volunteered with their shovels and buckets.

We're going to be rich ;-)

As long as we find enough to cover the bail money! :shock:

Renee

B

bach2yoga

Maybe we can disguise Alfonso's metal detector to look like some kind of funky hiking stick. What do you think, Alfonso?
And when we find it, Alfonso will have every right to I told you so! ;)
Renee

alfonso

Explorer
Oct 9, 2003
bayville
Visit site
i leave it to be lost . no need to break the law .i have a clean record and want to keep it that way.i dont want to hear one day 'daddy what was jail like'? if its there am sure it will show up one day. besides i read that captain kid buried a crap load of gold and jewels on a farm in barenget................................................................happy hunting

B

bach2yoga

alfonso said:
i leave it to be lost . no need to break the law .i have a clean record and want to keep it that way.i dont want to hear one day 'daddy what was jail like'? if its there am sure it will show up one day. besides i read that captain kid buried a crap load of gold and jewels on a farm in barenget................................................................happy hunting

laughs, you do know we are just kidding around, right?
It's fun to dream!

Renee

KenDawg

Scout
Aug 10, 2003
South Jersey
Besides, how big could the payrole be in the 1700's ? How much did the average British soldier make and how many British soldiers were in the area ? I'll bet the British stole it and blamed it on the revolutionaries. Maybe Joe Mulliner found it.

alfonso

Explorer
Oct 9, 2003
bayville
Visit site
lets say they got paid in a 5 dollar piece for the month. and the chest had pay for 1000 troops. so 5000 in gold back then would = about nine million now .due to gold prices and the year of the coin.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If the "bounty" was buried on the hill itself, there is a good chance it would have been found by now if the residents who lived in the area in the past knew of this event. There also were quite a few places on the hill that were dug up for the buildings of the Pine Crest Sanitarium that could have unearthed it. Also, as late as 1932 there are records indicating that the hill itself was just stating to grow small pine trees on it's slope, indicating that without vegetation there could have been eroding of the soil which could have brought this treasure to light. But my guess is that it never was there, or there would have been more than one mention of it's existence. Sorry Alfonso, just my opinion, but I would love to be proven wrong some day, especially if I prove myself wrong. :wink:

I can tell you of something that actually is buried there, that was found in 1974. Two and a half feet below the surface of the top of the hill a granite stone was found that was placed there before 1929. It was reported then to have a triangle cut in it with the letters "US" chiseled on four sides. But in 1974 it was found to only have a hole in the center. This stone is still buried there today.

Guy

alfonso

Explorer
Oct 9, 2003
bayville
Visit site
cool. guy, hey it could all be a myth , but hey i hope one day i do hit the big one. there all dreams right now.maybe barneget is sounding better and better . if i could only find that farm. i know the women captain kidd was in love with was amanda . who lived in the vicinity of barnegat.

B

bach2yoga

No, I don't think there is much scary there either....history that Alfonso mentioned and the remains of the sanitorium.
It's a well known place in the pines.
Renee

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
Where is the Sanitorium located? Are there ruins? I have 4 wheeled on and off the trails and never noticed. Are the obscured at all? Like blink and you miss it? Thanks...

capttom

Scout
Feb 23, 2004
i finally went to aplle pie hill yesterday...cool place!!..my question though is where is the sign?? ya know the one that they recently changed the wording in?? i couldnt find it anywhere...but then again im not sure where it is supposed to be in relation to the tower???am i going blind???

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It more than likely was taken or destroyed as they always are there.

Guy