ORV Management In Sensitive Areas Of Wharton

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
That road has very little traffic in it last time i was on it only tracks i saw were coyote tracks coming out of the swamps. Those lines are like slashes. Much bigger than fire cuts. There was talk of taking out that range and putting a indoor outdoor range for law enforcement.

Outdoorgirl

Aug 2, 2015
Mullica
From the mouth of Rob. any road , cut road, or dead end will be closed, your roads will consist of major roads, washingtons turn pike, godfreys bridge, etc.... He stated and I repeat!!! He will not be willing to meet to announce any details as per a public meeting/ press of atlantic city etc ... You will recieve a map !

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The reason for the map is specific. In the past when you went up in front of a judge he would let the violators off because they had no way to know if a road was closed. Now when you stand there the park police can show him the map and point out that road they were on is closed. Ignorance of the law is no excuse now.

JeepWagoneer

Scout
Jul 31, 2015
Medford NJ
And when the closed off roads, trails and open areas become overgrown and swallowed by the Forrest from disuse in a few short years, more historic locations will become list and forgotten to the next generation.

Sad they are being so short sighted and ignorant. Pretty soon the main roads will be wrecked from the over use of crowding all te traffic on a few roads, accidents will happen in the congestion and not longer after it'll be closed forever... Sad.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Why should she bother? It's clear that he's not going to listen to anybody's opinions on this.

She had a question and not an opinion. So I was just saying she needs to call back for the answer to her question.

JeepWagoneer

Scout
Jul 31, 2015
Medford NJ
Just about every turn off is there and no overgrown because it goes somewhere scenic, or somewhere where there used to be something, such as locks bridge which is BOTH. Stupid stupid stupid to let nature further erase places like that from existence. Words cannot express how upset this makes a vehicular explorer like me feel. I don't hike anymore, I'd rather not deal with the Mosquitos, chiggers, ticks, and everything else!

Guess if I want to see the forest now I'll have to buy a drone... Until they ban that!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Just about every turn off is there and no overgrown because it goes somewhere scenic, or somewhere where there used to be something, such as locks bridge which is BOTH. Stupid stupid stupid to let nature further erase places like that from existence. Words cannot express how upset this makes a vehicular explorer like me feel. I don't hike anymore, I'd rather not deal with the Mosquitos, chiggers, ticks, and everything else!

Guess if I want to see the forest now I'll have to buy a drone... Until they ban that!

Already banned in National Parks/Monuments/Recreation Areas.

Outdoorgirl

Aug 2, 2015
Mullica
I have the upmost respect for everyone's opinion and and the upmost respect for the many generations that have used this land accordingly, I stand firm in respecting the land. And I am greatly upset with people disrespecting and damaging the woods, I hunt the land and love to just get away on an unknown adventure enjoying the scenery and what nature has to offer.
While I do agree with some of the concerns that were pointed out during the conversation, I do not agree with the over all handling of the situation. I am a law abiding citizen and was brought up to respect people, places and things. Regardless, of the comment that was made earlier.

Outdoorgirl

Aug 2, 2015
Mullica
The ignorance of the law is no excuse,
I firmly agree with that statement,
And I for one am not ignorant . And just felt like that was a jab.
Maybe it wasn't not sure and do not to much care about that..
I agree there are some bad apples.