ORV Management In Sensitive Areas Of Wharton

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Anyone can attend and participate in a municipal meeting.
Waterford, my Township, has a time limitation on public comment stemming from dealing with a guy who used to relentlessly hammer the governing body on anything and everything. I believe they set it at 6 minutes per person.

I never could understand that. With the time limit set on the meeting a group could dominate the comment period with folks from out of town, county or state.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

If you go to any of the town meetings specifically ask their council during public comment to pass the resolution. Don't leave it up to them to bring it up on their own.

Guy

Reactions: smoke_jumper

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Apparently there is a meeting in Chatsworth tonight.

David M Demsey‎Motor Vehicle Access Of NJ State Land

1 hr ·

Whos all attending the chatsworth meeting tonight at 7 pm. It is important we have as many people there as possible . Express your thoughts and feelings here and sum it up that you want to see a resolution to oppose MAP.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The upcoming township meetings meetings are:
  • Woodland Township/Chatsworth – Thurs., August 27th, 7:00pm. 3943 Main St., Chatsworth.
  • Mullica/Nesco Environmental Meeting – Mon., August 31st, 7:30pm. Hilda Frame School 3410 Nesco Rd., Hammonton.
  • Shamong – Tues., September 1st, 7:30pm. 105 Willow Grove Rd., Shamong.
  • Southampton – Tues., September 1st, 7:30pm. 5 Retreat Road, Southampton.
  • Washington Twp/Green Bank – Tues., Sept 1st, 7:30pm. 2436 Rt. 563, Green Bank.
  • Mullica Township – Tues., September 8th, 7:00pm. 4528 White Horse Pike, Elwood.
  • Bass River Twp (Evironmental Meeting) - Wed, September 9th, 7:00pm. 3 North Maple Ave., Bass River.
  • Bass River Twp (Town Council Meeting) - Mon, September 14th, 7:00pm. 3 North Maple Ave., Bass River.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We should be skeptical until we see how far the openings go.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Just a reminder that on Tuesday night we have three township council meetings. Try to be at one of them to oppose the MAP plan. Below are the dates and times to be there and also included are tips for public comment during municipal government meetings. We need as many people as possible to be at each one. You can also download the pdf file that is attached and print it out.

Shamong – Tues., September 1st, 7:30pm. 105 Willow Grove Rd., Shamong.
Southampton – Tues., September 1st, 7:30pm. 5 Retreat Road, Southampton.
Washington Twp/Green Bank – Tues., Sept 1st, at 6:30PM. A township resident informed me that the town has changed the time to 6:30 to dedicate one hour to the MAP presentation. This is new tonight (Sunday).

public.jpg

Attachments

• Tips for Public Comment During Municipal Government Meetings-3.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 83-15 Resolution.pdf
    109.3 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Ruset

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

There is an important change in Washington Township. The MAP presentation and public comment is from 6:30 to 7:30 and the regular council meeting will start at 7:30. A township resident informed me of this tonight. So you need to be there at 6:30 on Tuesday to participate and make your comments.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
So Jason, someone forwarded me the email that you sent out to PPA members in Green Bank:

The superintendent of Wharton State Forest, Rob Auermuller, will be presenting his new Motorized Access Plan to the Town Council tomorrow night[Tuesday] at 6:30pm. The plan is designed to reduce the drastic increase in off-road vehicle damage to sensitive areas of the forest and provide safe and reliable travel routes for our Forest Fire Service and first responders during emergencies. The plan calls for 225 miles of motorized paths that will be rigorously maintained as well as hundreds of miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horse-back riding. Off-road vehicle groups have mobilized to oppose this plan and we need you there to let your town council know that you want to protect the forest and provide safe travel for the Forest Fire Service during a blaze.

Your attendance and public comment is extremely important to this process and we need you there tomorrow night.

The presentation starts at 6:30pm tomorrow night. Tuesday, September 1st At the Municipal Hall in Green Bank.

Who are the off-road vehicle groups that are organizing?

Cherokee261

Scout
Aug 6, 2015
Medford Lakes
So Jason, someone forwarded me the email that you sent out to PPA members in Green Bank:

Who are the off-road vehicle groups that are organizing?
It's a great question. Tonight I watched a horse farm owner leave a state employee speechless several times in Shamong (and I will give the state employee some credit, in my opinion he wasn't responding because he didn't want to lie). How does an equestrian fit into the off-road vehicle group framework? Because he may trailer the horses from time-to-time?

Jason Howell

Explorer
Nov 23, 2009
If we oppose the plan apparently we're part of an off-roading organization:rolleyes:
I certainly don't want to lump you all together, but in a blanket email it really needs to be short so it is read. The nuances of the motor vehicle enthusiasts would be more than what an e-mail such as that would be useful for explaining.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I you didn't want to lump us together then why do it? Anyway, it was obvious to me that the residents of Green Bank young and old do not like the plan. The 80 something woman in front of me was not happy about it for sure.

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
The hubris of this guy is unbelievable. I can't wait to hear his response.

I certainly don't want to lump you all together, but in a blanket email it really needs to be short so it is read. The nuances of the motor vehicle enthusiasts would be more than what an e-mail such as that would be useful for explaining.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ

Of course you don't, that would be profiling. Perhaps if you gave 10 seconds thought to your email you would have come up with something that was accurate. You consider folks driving their daily transportation as 'motor vehicle enthusiasts'? We all eagerly await your responses to Ben's numerous questions; so far the silence is deafening.