ORV Management In Sensitive Areas Of Wharton

92 Blazer Jeff

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
GLASSBORO,NJ
So, does this mean that there is no enforcement since the MAP is now considered a draft and there is no map available for the public?

That's how I read it :) I also wrote the state and received a letter from someone well known in all of this that contains this quote " I regret this misinformation has given the impression that this plan has already been adopted and implemented. It has not"
So the roads on the map marked as closed but have no signs are open, But what about the ones they marked with signs?

92 Blazer Jeff

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
GLASSBORO,NJ
They have ben up along Goodwater Road for well over a year. They are also at the Skit Bridge at HF and on Hampton Road west of HF.
This was take 10/31/13
IMG_1776.JPG

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
So the roads on the map marked as closed but have no signs are open, But what about the ones they marked with signs?
I was told by the Lt. of the State Park Police District 1, that they were never enforcing any of these new closures, even when they weren't just a "draft". That just goes to show how screwed up this plan has been from the get go...

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I was told by the Lt. of the State Park Police District 1, that they were never enforcing any of these new closures, even when they weren't just a "draft". That just goes to show how screwed up this plan has been from the get go...

I wonder how much tax payer money was spent to get it to this level of screw up, and how much more will be spent. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
What is the problem the MAP is supposed to address: illegal damage or access?

Texel's quote in the Press should clear it up for everyone - it's all about limiting access: "The forest is being loved to death...How we balance recreation with access and protection of the environment is a huge topic."

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What is the problem the MAP is supposed to address: illegal damage or access?

Texel's quote in the Press should clear it up for everyone - it's all about limiting access: "The forest is being loved to death...How we balance recreation with access and protection of the environment is a huge topic."

Then environment is just fine in regards to most vehicles. The runoff from farms and homes is having more of an impact.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Then environment is just fine in regards to most vehicles. The runoff from farms and homes is having more of an impact.
I agree, lowering water tables, runoff from farms and homes and years of fire prevention have more overall effects then any single road. All anybody has to do is drive down 72. Over the last 40 years it's almost unrecognizable. As the pines age they are more susceptible to desease. This is one reason we are having an outbreak of pine bark beetles. It's just harder to recognize then pictures of mud puddles and one can't argue how the got there. These are all topics for other threads.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
They have ben up along Goodwater Road for well over a year. They are also at the Skit Bridge at HF and on Hampton Road west of HF.
Thanks for the update. I haven't made it out to HF too often lately. Every sign my 5 year old sees, who can't read yet, forces him to ask if another road is closed.