ORV Management In Sensitive Areas Of Wharton

Cherokee261

Scout
Aug 6, 2015
Medford Lakes
Mr. Horner, your comment was vague, as if you are vexed by all members here with a user name other than their given name. However I can only assume your comment was directed at me since I recently posted a comment directed at you.

I chose my screen name because it evokes a fond memory for me...Cherokee261 was the call sign for the first plane I flew, full tail number 261SU, a Piper Cherokee that I suspect is no longer airworthy.

My name is Thomas J. Cranston, and I am a council person, former mayor, and life-long resident of the Borough of Medford Lakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecampbell

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
Welcome to the discussion Mr. Horner. Hopefully we can keep it civil, though based on the tone of your post I'm not sure that is your intention.

Last edited:

Cherokee261

Scout
Aug 6, 2015
Medford Lakes
I don't think anyone here, or elsewhere, need explain their personnel decisions to Mr. Horner. :smug:
I wholeheartedly agree, but I have no reason to allow the insinuation that I am hiding my identity, if that's what that was, to hang out there. My service on council has given me an appreciation for transparency to the public and accountability to the taxpayers, both of which were severely lacking in the development and implementation of the M.A.P.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
This is nothing more then a forum of people who enjoy sharing their diverse experiences in the pines. Until recently we had no reason to attend meetings. Time I would rather spend in the woods.;)

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Today while out at Wharton we ran across a logger that was there to look at Washingtons turnpike, he is going to put in a bid to cut the timber, he also stated that while this was happening Washingtons turnpike would be closed. , but it would open back up once the road was widened
He also said that they would be logging and bringing in processors .

Thank you for the update.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Been wondering why most people use cryptic names for this forum. To the point few of you recognized each other at a various meetings. Mine is AlbertD but I have tried to change it to AlbertDHorner, a name I am proud of, not fearful of using, but can't seem to get the system to change it.

Ben has changed it for you.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I mentioned a lawsuit in my previous comment. Perhaps the funds being raised will be used to initiate a lawsuit?

It is surprising how many attorneys do pro bono work, some of them quite large law firms. It is just a case of finding one that will represent this cause.

Wreckless

Jan 9, 2009
Ocnaled
Been wondering why most people use cryptic names for this forum. To the point few of you recognized each other at a various meetings. Mine is AlbertD but I have tried to change it to AlbertDHorner, a name I am proud of, not fearful of using, but can't seem to get the system to change it.

Police and security experts recommend that Internet users remain anonymous for their personal safety. It is just a good practice. The world is populated by scammers, criminals, and the mentally unbalanced. There is absolutely no valid reason to unnecessarily expose yourself to potential personal harm. There is no reason to cast aspersions or insinuate some nefarious reason for pseudonyms. It is common sense to be anonymous on the web.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Today while out at Wharton we ran across a logger that was there to look at Washingtons turnpike, he is going to put in a bid to cut the timber, he also stated that while this was happening Washingtons turnpike would be closed. , but it would open back up once the road was widened
He also said that they would be logging and bringing in processors .

Widening??? Washington Turnpike is one of the widest roads out there! Must be cutting back timber for the new toll booths and exit ramps!

Reactions: Teegate

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Just an update on the road maintenance. Roadwork started moving down Burnt Mill road from the Fleming Pike end towards the horse swallowing hole at Beaver Dam that was talked about in Waterford's meeting.

Tracker Jim

Scout
Dec 18, 2014
Leeds Point NJ
It appears that supporters of the M.A.P. are concerned about how things are progressing and are trying to rally supporters to attend the upcoming town council meetings.
The following is a post that came across my Facebook feed.
View attachment 6060
FYI,
The following is a comment that was attached to the Horner post. It illustrates their desperation and the length some of the more extreme members suggest they go.
image.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Are these town council meetings residents only? If not, the PPA could easily overwhelm the meeting toward their viewpoints. Doesn't seem very democratic of them. :eek:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Are these town council meetings residents only? If not, the PPA could easily overwhelm the meeting toward their viewpoints. Doesn't seem very democratic of them. :eek:

Anyone can attend and participate in a municipal meeting.
Waterford, my Township, has a time limitation on public comment stemming from dealing with a guy who used to relentlessly hammer the governing body on anything and everything. I believe they set it at 6 minutes per person.