Oswego River Preserve

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Hmmmmmmmmmm....

No that's not it , I can got to it going past Oswego, but at the fork i went the wrong way. I switched maps and I see where i made my mistake . I turned to soon . I might try coming off of 539 when i try again Saturday on my way to barnegate .Thanks tho Boyd.

Maybe one of you guys could go out there with huge sheets of plywood, spray-painted with orange arrows to get Tom M. there!!!!! LOL!!!! If you miss it the third time, just keep it between me and you on the phone, not on this thread!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Here, this might help yeah, but of course you'd be heading east on Rt. 72.

Garden State Parkway

Take the Parkway to Exit 63 and proceed on Route 72 West. Take Route 72 West to mile marker 12. You will make a left on a sand road just after mile marker 12. Barnegat Auto Wreckers is on the right. This is the sand road sometimes referred to as the Red Road, and is called Stevenson Road on maps, though there is no street sign.

Travel 3.3 miles on the Red Road (Stevenson Road). The road will then "Y," bear right and you will come to gate on your right. On the right is the Oswego River Preserve.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Should we place bets on him getting there?? :D

We need photo's for proof.

Guy

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Ok Laugh it up Guys Laugh it up, glad yer havin a good time funnin me LOL!! Part of the discovery is the Journey !!! I'll just save the image and then send it as my own LOL!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This will make finding it all the more interesting. I bet you never will forget where it is once you find it. Everything always leads to an ending, and the journey is the most important part. The endings are overrated.

Guy

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Well then maybe i won't find it then , this way it never ends ? How's that sound LOL !:D To tell ya the truth I'm startin ta think it is just one of dem Pine Barrens Mysteries!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well don't feel too bad. Years ago I must have tried 5 times to find Forked River Mountain and ended up driving in circles. I didn't finally get there until I bought my first GPS. And I also searched in vain for Harrisville a number of times, then one day it finally dawned on me it was on the other side of the road, right under my nose! :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well don't feel too bad. Years ago I must have tried 5 times to find Forked River Mountain and ended up driving in circles. I didn't finally get there until I bought my first GPS. And I also searched in vain for Harrisville a number of times, then one day it finally dawned on me it was on the other side of the road, right under my nose! :)

You needed Boyd's Map of the Pines.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
If you see a sign that reads, "If your man enough to shoot, drink and make love, your man enough to pack out your trash." That will be me... no offense ladies, but I don't think your to blame, just sayin'...

That reminds me. This fall I was at a lonely crossroads deep in the pine plains and a guy and his girl left beer cans and prophylactic wrappers lying around. One of the hunt clubs left a sign that said something like this (can't remember exactly)...."the next time you come here and leave your damn trash we'll kick your ass and have our way with your girlfriend!".

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Well Hopefully I'll just find the lake and not all that ,LOL!!! Whether I find it or not I still have a ball being out there. There's Actually more to see then meets the eye and a lot of people don't realize that , which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned :jd:

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
The Nature Conservancy

I think it's great that organizations like this exist and purchase land for all of us to enjoy. It seems a little unreasonable to expect them to also clean up the mess and damage which the a-holes do to their properties...

I renew my membership in The Nature Conservancy every year, and anybody who wants to feel like they are contributing to preserving land can do the same for even a nominal amount of money. Lands are donated by individuals and corporations (Dupont in Willow Grove), and the cash donations are used to make land purchases. The New Jersey Conservation Foundation also welcomes donations and you can specify a specific land area you want your money to go to, like the Franklin-Parker Preserve. Personally, I continue to clean-up for the dirt-bags that exist in this world. I visited a pond here in Florida in Tiger Bay State Forest and found beer bottles and cans and boxes and cups and all kinds of crap--I filled a large trash bag and the transformation was wonderful. I can go back there in a few weeks and do it all over again, but so be it--it's a never-ending battle my friends.

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Attention all involved Parties, I found it !!!!! I found it !!! Woohoo !!!!!!! I found the lake !!!! LOL! And without the sid of ornage sheets of plywood. TeeGate , hope you didn't loose much on me LOL!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Attention all involved Parties, I found it !!!!! I found it !!! Woohoo !!!!!!! I found the lake !!!! LOL! And without the sid of ornage sheets of plywood. TeeGate , hope you didn't loose much on me LOL!

Photo's man... photo's! I need proof :)

Guy

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Photo's I have but I have a virus in my start menu and it won't let me down load anything !. I can describe it if ya want ? will that suffice Guy ? And Thanks Boyd. Right inside the Gate there is three inch stone filling what appears to be a flooded area and the same stone at the little spill way. The cedar swamp that is there is right up against the road going in there AND ............ I saw the red plastic box that looks like it belonged to eitrher a power tool or an Electronic Transit head

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
My next Jaunt is to get up to Bear swamp hill and go back down into that cedar swamp that is visable from the hill, I haven't been down into it in 20 some years. I always seem to be busy when i have a day off so now i'm able and ready . the mistake i made was the map I switched over to the Hybrid and it showed that I had to go thru the gate at the bogs ,the other map didn't show that

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
A good photo of one of my girls out at the preserve...

BeansAtPreserve2%20small.JPG

Mudtrudger

Feb 4, 2009
Coastal Monmouth
A beautiful place with many found memories for me. Watching the winter sunset from through the sliding glass doors, with the blazing fire behind me.

Observing the flying squirrels eating the corn we set out for them through night vision glasses.

Waking up to Jake the dog's wet nose in my ear.

Almost cutting off my finger while clearing brush away from the cabin.