Pinks are up....

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I was behind Webbs Mill today and the road is impassible. The pipe is almost washed out on both sides from the water eroding the road. What little sand that is supporting the pipe won't last long.

webbsm.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
People like Jessica who think the beaver should be left alone should have to pay for the repair of that. However, I am betting they are in no rush to fix it because it really is a useless road. There is easy access to all locations around there without it. If and when they do repair it is the perfect time to teach those nasty beavers how heavy equipment demolishes thing.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Holy Moses! It did not look like that back in October. However, a little Itsy bit of water was in the road, but that was it. Wow. That is REALLY bad!
image.jpg

When is beaver hunting season? Lol

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Gibby, the important question is; did you get up to the bog and boardwalk and is it at normal levels or still high?

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Gibby, the important question is; did you get up to the bog and boardwalk and is it at normal levels or still high?

46er, the water levels are still high by the boardwalk. The water is even backed up beyond 539. I hope no one get hurt coming from the direction I took the picture. There is a sweeping curve before the washout.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I hope no one get hurt coming from the direction I took the picture. There is a sweeping curve before the washout.

If I wind up out that way today I'll put up some surveyor tape, but the kids on the atv's will have that down in no time. It apears there are tracks on the right side of your picture. If anyone does try to repair it, it will probably be the FFS. I was over IBSP yesterday, my son was able to get a 2 day access pass, and I doubt the state has enough money to fix what is broke from the storm over there. Mindblowing. Webb's is probably very low on their priority list; if it is on it at all.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I can see them never fixing that. They really have no reason to.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
The tracks are from from a 4x4 that tried crossing the gap but became stuck. The one section of the hole is filled with logs so that they could get out. I hope the whole section washes out. It will only be beneficial upstream because of lower water levels. Besides the large gravel make up of the local terrain would make the new stream easy to cross.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice! Did they remove the beaver mess in the pipes?

Guy

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I was at a meeting where a rep from DEP said they were looking into the situation at Webbs Mill. I hope this isn't the extent of their efforts and they do something to resolve the beaver problem.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
No pinks yet :eek:

Webbs is looking the best I have seen it in quite a few years; many, many pitcher plants. Water is down significantly, level is the same on both sides of the dam around back and the road is in passable condition. The intersection is a bit of a mess; plywood covered in graffity put up in several areas, looks like paintball targets.

fierodoug

Explorer
Jul 12, 2010
Browns Mills
Thanx for the update on the pinks, missed them last year and been looking for them this year(not that I really know where to look) Hoping to get some good pictures of them.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Thanx for the update on the pinks, missed them last year and been looking for them this year(not that I really know where to look) Hoping to get some good pictures of them.

They were up on 4/12 last year. Cooler, wetter spring this year.

142637609.jpg

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I didn't see any stalks beginning to emerge last weekend. This week's short heat wave may have helped with pushing a few up. Anytime now though...

-No sign of Twayblade either.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Yeah I picked a few ticks off me in the last week too. Thanks for the reply. I imagine that the pitcher plants will look pretty cool when in bloom then, a field of 'dumbwatches'.