RAIN?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Did it get warm today after the rain or what!!!

167054451.jpg

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
Supposed to start this afternoon. My lawn is still making squishy sounds wherever I step. It's gonna be a while before the earth dries out around here. I pulled a broken fence post out of the ground yesterday afternoon and the 30" hole it left behind instantly filled with water like a well.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
1 to 2 inches of rain doesn't sound bad. 50 to 65 MPH wind gusts could be a problem though. Might be a good idea to check your generator... :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Might be a good idea to check your generator... :)

That's permanently ready to go. May need a bilge pump though... :eek: My son was at the Brigantine meeting and RT 30 had the bay lapping at the shoulder with just the start of the full Moon helping the tide along.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Got almost 3 inches of rain here last night - and look at this forecast. Could be rough going on the little sand roads for awhile....

Today
Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon. Patchy fog before 10am. High near 69. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight
Showers. Patchy fog. Low around 60. East wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Thursday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 67. East wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog after 2am. Low around 59. East wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Friday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog before 8am. High near 64. East wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Friday Night
Showers. Patchy fog. Low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Saturday
Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday Night
Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Reactions: bobpbx

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I remember a year when I lived in Medford... maybe 2004?... where it stayed wet and humid for a few weeks. Everything was covered with mold. I still have some tools that were stored in my toolbox in the finished basement, and the mold left marks permanently etched into the plastic handles.