RAIN?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Around 6AM our thermometer bottomed out at 41 for about 10 minutes.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Low only hit 45 here. Tonight is going to be warm though, with temperatures going up to almost 80 tomorrow. Storm in the Midwest is headed our way, we may get over an inch of rain and high winds starting Monday night.

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Latest briefing on the upcoming storm:

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 8.28.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 8.31.45 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Wick

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We are having torrential downpours. It is so loud I can't hear my computer.

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
No idea where your local radio station is located or where they got their info, but that is nowhere near what the NWS is predicting for South Jersey. The current briefing link I posted before still works and was updated at 6:00 AM this morning

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 9.01.33 AM.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica's popcorn plant, or I should say tree, is starting to bang against the house. So a windy day tomorrow may cause us to yank it out of the ground. I was hoping to see how long we can keep it growing.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
So I can expect a half inch or less of rain. :D

With tidal flooding and 50 to 60 MPH winds perhaps? There's a new briefing this morning (use the link above), it is pretty similar so I won't post the images. Here's the summary:

* A storm system crossing through the region through tonight will bring coastal flooding and strong winds. There is also a smaller risk for heavy rain and severe thunderstorms.

* Widespread minor to major tidal flooding is expected with high tide cycles today. The most significant tidal flooding impacts are expected along the tidal Delaware River and adjacent tidal waterways, Barnegat Bay, Little Assawoman Bay, and other back bays.

* East winds will increase to 20 to 30 MPH with gusts of 30 to 60 MPH possible. The strongest winds will occur along the immediate DE and extreme SE NJ coasts. The strongest winds and gusts are expected this afternoon and evening.

* A period of heavy rain is possible this afternoon and evening. Widespread rainfall totals of 0.5 to 2 inches are forecast with locally higher amounts of 2 to 3 inches possible. This could result in flooding of small streams and creeks, and areas of poor drainage. River levels may begin to rise again.

* A few strong to potentially severe thunderstorms are possible for the eastern shores of MD and southern DE.