RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Looks like Cape May up to Atlantic City could get a LOT of rain. I am in the middle of the 3" to 4" zone.

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 5.53.21 PM.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Since midnight we have received .94 inches. And for the week it is 1.1. At 4:45 this morning it was really raining but has slowed since then.

Reactions: enormiss

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Looks like this storm may not quite reach the biblical proportions that some people hoped for. ;)

Today: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tonight: Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Sunday: Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Looks like this storm may not quite reach the biblical proportions that some people hoped for. ;)

Today: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tonight: Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Sunday: Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Who was hoping for a storm of biblical proportions?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Yeah, I was being a wise-ass, sorry. But IMO, 3 to 4 inches of rain around here would have caused lots of problems, so I didn't view that forecast as "good news". Anyway, I'm glad they were wrong.

Reactions: this_is_nascar

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It has been nice riding around in the pines and driving right through the dry puddles. Now not so nice.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Here's a little website for a rainy day - live NEXRAD weather radar. It's dead simple, just displays the current continental US imagery.

https://boydsmaps.com/nexrad/#8.00/39.9670/-75.6799

radar.png

Or display the whole map with this simple link

https://boydsmaps.com/nexrad/

You can copy/paste links in the address bar or create bookmarks. Unlike the radar map on my main site, this one automatically updates every three minutes, so you can just leave it open to see current conditions. Works on phones and computers. No fancy menus or buttons, that's all it does. Zoom using your mouse scroll wheel, trackpad or touchscreen.

Not sure how much of a future this has, it was just a fun little project I wanted to try. Let me know if you find it useful.

[edit]Just added a new feature - click on the logo at the top left to open the full boydsmaps web app in another tab.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Just for today? Today I drove over the Mullica River on the parkway bridge around 9:00am and all looked normal. On the way home around 5:00 pm it looked like the entire watershed was a giant bay. There were a few islands with trees. All the marsh was under with no visible grass.

Since midnight. Our weather gage resets at midnight Sunday morning.

Reactions: Wick

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Really getting soaked here, a narrow band of rain has been churning over me for over an hour now. Have been waiting for a five-minute break to get out and take care of a couple chores, but there seems to be no end in sight! Had about two inches total from the storm thru this morning, I'll bet there's already been another inch today.

The totals from this storm are gonna be pretty significant, at least it has been spread out over several days.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.08.43 PM.png

And here comes the wind! :siren:

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.09.11 PM.png

Current briefing

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Really weird, this line running from Milford, DE Northeast to past Ocean City, NJ really hasn't moved for over two hours. Unusual to see such a stationary straight line for that long. Just went out, got soaked and took care of the chores.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.56.48 PM.png