Replacing Bridge on Carranza

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
What's the name of the road that intersects Carranza at the bridge? I was bummed to see that access has been totally blocked. I was hoping that I would be able to take Carranza, past the memorial, up to the point where the bridge was on the right and you could continue left, however that access was blocked at Carranza before even getting to that point.

this_is_nascar said:
Ok, thanks. Now I need to find a buypass that puts me past the construction.

Well there are many ways into Wharton. You could come up Speedwell-Friendship Rd off of 563. That of course brings you to Friendship where the bridge is under construction. You can also enter from Atsion or Batsto too.

Steve

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my response. What I meant to say is that since Carranza is blocked several hundred yards prior to where Friendship intersects, how would I bypass that construction to get onto Friendship, going left of the bridge and the construction?

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
this_is_nascar said:
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my response. What I meant to say is that since Carranza is blocked several hundred yards prior to where Friendship intersects, how would I bypass that construction to get onto Friendship, going left of the bridge and the construction?

Speedwell-Friendship Road, or Iron Pipe Road up from Batsto.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Thunking

We were walking near High Crossing this morning and could hear the thunking of the pile drivers working at the Friendship bridge. It was fun to let my imagination go and imagine it was the sound of a forge echoing through the forest.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Here are some pictures of the construction, which were taken today.

CIMG0104.JPG

CIMG0105.JPG

CIMG0106.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I missed last weekend because I was on Vacation. I was going to go tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the photo's.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The bridge is finished. I will make a 'Then And Now" photo later on it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I drove over it today on the way home from a quick trip up the Oswego and Papoose Branch. Wish I had known it was open on my way there. It's a big short cut.
I don't like the fact that it is blacktopped.

Steve

Maybe it protects it more from the elements and such. Jessica pointed out that at this point in time you can drive right into the water there. They need a guardrail or we will see more people like Ed saw in the drink.

Guy