Sand operation could yield fracking riches

Cecilia

Jun 15, 2012
Using all capital letters in electronic communication is like shouting at someone in person. It is a common technique used by HUSTLERS to get attention.
It does not matter what form of internet communication you are using, shouting is not acceptable. There are caveats and exceptions. Subject lines, headings, and advertisements are often in all capital letters for readability reasons.
No one likes to be yelled at, but every once in a while you have to shout at someone to get their attention. Therefore, using all caps is bad netiquette because it's shouting, but is acceptable for certain reasons.
It is acceptable for website heading to be in all caps, but not personal messages. All Caps is popular on classified advertising and auction websites because it is a good way to make your ad stand out. I do not recommend responding to ads with all caps.
In reality, shouting at someone is done to get their attention through intimidation. Shouting breaks the standard level of volume and tone, a voice should carry, to force someone into doing something. This is not socially acceptable in a civilized society because it is a use of force not reason.
Shouting at people is unreasonable in most cases. It raises the case that standard text should carry. It is not acceptable in a civilized cybersphere. Therefore, it is bad netiquette to use all caps because it is unacceptable to yell at people in a civilized society or cybersphere. Do not digitally disrespect others by using all caps.

http://networketiquette.net/do_not_use_all_caps.htm
Using all capital letters in electronic communication is like shouting at someone in person. It is a common technique used by HUSTLERS to get attention.
It does not matter what form of internet communication you are using, shouting is not acceptable. There are caveats and exceptions. Subject lines, headings, and advertisements are often in all capital letters for readability reasons.
No one likes to be yelled at, but every once in a while you have to shout at someone to get their attention. Therefore, using all caps is bad netiquette because it's shouting, but is acceptable for certain reasons.
It is acceptable for website heading to be in all caps, but not personal messages. All Caps is popular on classified advertising and auction websites because it is a good way to make your ad stand out. I do not recommend responding to ads with all caps.
In reality, shouting at someone is done to get their attention through intimidation. Shouting breaks the standard level of volume and tone, a voice should carry, to force someone into doing something. This is not socially acceptable in a civilized society because it is a use of force not reason.
Shouting at people is unreasonable in most cases. It raises the case that standard text should carry. It is not acceptable in a civilized cybersphere. Therefore, it is bad netiquette to use all caps because it is unacceptable to yell at people in a civilized society or cybersphere. Do not digitally disrespect others by using all caps.

http://networketiquette.net/do_not_use_all_caps.htm
Geez, this cap crap is a little too much for me, I'm outta here. Thanks for allowing me to visit your site and for the information, but I didn't come here for an unsolicited education in cyber speak. I do know how to communicate effectively in person, so I'll stick to that. "HAVE A NICE WEEKEND," she yelled to her friends in the pit of the forest as she quickly drove away down the piney-edged dirt road. "GOODBYE! I WILL MISS YOU ALL!"

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
Why would anyone sell their gravel pits if they thought they were sitting on a goldmine? Sounds like a great marketing trick to sell some exhausted mines that are a liability risk.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
611aZea8ZGL._SS500_.jpg

Actually, 'sand pounder' was a nickname of sorts for patrols in the US Life Saving Service, which became the USCG. During WW2, Coasties would walk the beaches looking for German U-Boats, similar to their predecessors, which did the same looking for ships in distress.

So it would seem, the person is suggesting someone just take a walk on the beach. :D

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
It amazes me how versatile some of our wee small four letter words have become.The same word can be used as a noun,adjective,verb etc sometimes even all in the same sentence by a really talented person.Frack being a five letter word may be a little less versatile.As to how your word became common for a lie I have no idea but I do know my Dad is the king of them.This talent never seemed to rub off on me.I try but am easily seen through.Whats your take on the origin of BS?