Sasquatch in the Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!
I am absent for a couple months and this happens? And Ben let it happen? He is getting so kind in his old age.
It actually made it all the way to 5 pages so I figured there must be something to it unless they changed the name of the beer thread.

I was catching up on missed and unread threads. Holy revival of ridiculousness Batman!
Well Hell, it was a fun read at times, and it had a splash of good pines info mixed in from the sages of the site.

Thanks for the uhh... well I'm not sure really.

g.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yes George and we have all been quite nice.Maybe Adam in his search for Bigfoot will find the Pines instead.I have always been of the conclusion that there is nothing in the pines scarier then myself after having worked the 12-8 night shift and had no sleep before hitting the woods.

LoneSandRoad

Jan 29, 2012
grendel,
Posting that bigfoot on tape video is deserving of a sharp rebuke, but since your signature quotes the greatest rock band in history, all is forgiven. Cheers. :guinness:

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Imagine seeing this in person, first thing in the morning, when it is still somewhat dark. Instant Bigfoot!

I don't recall were I read it, but this bear is still alive and has raised several more cubs.:)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I am sceptical.I don't think a bear is built to walk that good upright.Then again having only three legs might be an incentive to go beyond what the average bear could do.Sorta like a legless person doing everything on their hands.Hell,she walks bettern I do.

Adam Buchler

Scout
Nov 5, 2011
Imagine seeing this in person, first thing in the morning, when it is still somewhat dark. Instant Bigfoot!

I don't recall were I read it, but this bear is still alive and has raised several more cubs.:)
crazy how animals find ways to adapt.........yea definitely would have some unsuspecting hunter crappin his pants lol

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I have always been of the conclusion that there is nothing in the pines scarier then myself after having worked the 12-8 night shift and had no sleep before hitting the woods.

A freind thought I was crazy going into the woods alone. I politely reminded him that I was the one hiding with a loaded weapon (during hunting season) :)

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
Hey Adam Buchler, did we meet today around 4pm (Sunday - March 5) about midway between Atsion & Batsto? I'm 5'10, blond hair and was wearing a red jacket. I was hiking back to Batsto and I met a guy who was out hunting for Bigfoot. He showed me a large foot print he had photographed, then asked me a bunch of questions when I told him I frequently hike in the pines.

BTW, like manuskin, I have never seen anything unusual out there. But I have been thinking of packing a small mirror in my backpack for eye maintenance...so that could change. :D

Adam Buchler

Scout
Nov 5, 2011
Hey Adam Buchler, did we meet today around 4pm (Sunday - March 5) about midway between Atsion & Batsto? I'm 5'10, blond hair and was wearing a red jacket. I was hiking back to Batsto and I met a guy who was out hunting for Bigfoot. He showed me a large foot print he had photographed, then asked me a bunch of questions when I told him I frequently hike in the pines.

BTW, like manuskin, I have never seen anything unusual out there. But I have been thinking of packing a small mirror in my backpack for eye maintenance...so that could change. :D
No that was not me lol but I was out there between 9-1130 last night. What did you think of the picture he showed you?

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
If the scientists don't stop their cloning/chimera projects they are going to create Bigfoot.
Old Crazy I have never met Adam but I think he is in his 20's.was it a young guy you seen?

He looked to be around 30. I politely cautioned him that if the Park Police spotted him driving a vehicle in an area that is clearly marked "no motor vehicles permitted" they might be a little annoyed.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
No that was not me lol but I was out there between 9-1130 last night. What did you think of the picture he showed you?

If the moon is out I sometimes hike at night without a light. I guess I'm going to have to stop doing that so I don't walk up on somebody and scare the hell out them, thinking they're being stalked by Bigfoot. lol

The picture he showed me was on his phone. It was a large footprint (16" long x 8" wide) in the mud on a river bank. If Bigfoot's "big foot" made that impression in the sand, then he must have been wearing a shoe because I didn't see any toe prints. It appeared to me that somebody stepped down onto a muddy embankment and their foot slipped forward, creating the illusion of a large footprint. I would estimate that I have covered 6,000 miles on foot in the pine barrens. The only suspicious tracks in the sand or snow that I have ever encountered were paw prints that looked too big to be bobcat. If I ever see a large footprint I will take a picture of it and save the GPS coordinates for you.

Adam Buchler

Scout
Nov 5, 2011
We generally try to get out to some more remote areas at night so running into other people is not an issue. So far we've been out there most weekends since May and have only seen a car drive by maybe 2 or 3 occasions after dark....I believe it was the park police most times. But yes if you come across anything that seems out of place get in touch with me....and of course I'f I get the money shot I will be on here bragging up a storm, saying "I told you so!" ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.