So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My favorite waterfowl species is the Black Duck.

My grandfather would talk of Black Ducks often. He said there were so many they would fill the sky and hide the sun when he was a hunter. He then shook his head and mumbled "not so today."

Guy

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Joann and I have been going to Forsythe on Sundays for the past three weeks. There are hundreds of Snow Geese flocked together. Quite a sight. I think it will be a weekly trip for quite a while. If anyone would like to meet up, it would be great to have company.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Ducks, Love, Birthdays, Plans, and all else aside...
Doubt LIP ever saw this one topping over 100 posts. Although it is evident #14 accelerated it to some degree. Maybe this thread was just meant for 2008. Well, anyhoo, the hijack is a nice turn and definately in my book a huge distance from the original. Ducks rock.

Oh, Bill...
Your use of visuals as always is refreshing.
Although the duck's famous phrase, "Despicable" probably fits the lass in post #14 the best.

g.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I love the looks of the wood ducks, I have never been lucky enough to see one in the wild.

Lots of woodies around these parts.
I just got back from a lightly snowy trudge through the woods tonight and I flushed a pair out of a mud hole.
In November, I had a small flock landing in a large puddle every night for a week.
I surprised them on the third night and dropped a pair for the table.
I was a little surprised tonight to flush them but I guess the winter hasn;'t been hard enough on them to push them further south.
The season has been closed since January around here.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
High on themselves? What makes you say that?

You know that attitude they have. Like, "we're wood ducks, we're too good for you".

Actually, I was a little over medicated on sleep inducing meds when I wrote that. Don't look too much into it. I am sure wood ducks are as humble as any other type of duck.

Jeff

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
neato

Joann and I have been going to Forsythe on Sundays for the past three weeks. There are hundreds of Snow Geese flocked together. Quite a sight. I think it will be a weekly trip for quite a while. If anyone would like to meet up, it would be great to have company.
Have you ever seen the elusive Blue snow goose they exsist but are very rare i think its something like one in a thousand snow geese is blue. When I see a flock I always look but ive never seen one.

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
I.S. thanks for the info about the blue goose. Will have to take a closer look next Sunday if they are still there.

That video is great. Love those drunken videos, and the icy road videos. Heck, videos with anyone trying to qualify for a Darwin Award. Now if they had The Darwin Award Games every four years, that would be something to watch. Sad part is, there would be lots of people who would actually want to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.