Sunrise at 1/4 Mile Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
Im just saying .... I personaly almost got into a fist fight back there standing up for the pines , you think everyone who four wheels is a bad guy , I four wheel but stand up for whats right and try to scum bags away , I also enjoy kayaking , hiking and geo caching , I particiapate in trail clean ups with jeep clubs and with geo cachers , so u can't just go blaming an entire comunity for a few loose screws , and your complain ho bad 1/4 mile is so why would u wanna go takes pics of a shit hole when there's thousands of nice spots to take pics of ? O yea because you just want to complain about something ! Read my post above with a map link to another area thats I've been trying to put an end to destruction but no one seems to care about that location so why is 1/4 mile such a big deal ????? You just wanna run your
mouth and jump on a band wagon

I am not blaming the whole community, read my posts, I wheeled back there since the 70's, I have said a few idiots are making everyone look bad.

My photos of the Pines are in more places than you realize.

I've done much more in Wharton Forest and the Pines then you could imagine, as part as my job and as a volunteer. I cleaned up 1/4 mile more than once.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
but no one seems to care about that location so why is 1/4 mile such a big deal ??

More people than you realize care about 1/4 mile and I doubt nothing will happen

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
What do you think about PPA's 10-point plan?

I think it's an excellent plan to start with. IMO, some points are a bit much, but it is a good beginning to have all interested parties on the issue begin a discussion. A poster here suggested getting the concerned parties together to begin discussing the issue and solution's, a good idea compared to the bashing that is going on online. I would think the Wharton super, reps from the organized ORV clubs, Park Police & CO's would have constructive suggestions. There are more than enough photograph's and video's floating around to make a point. Unless those photo's and video's can show something that links it to the owner, such as a license plate #, they are not worth much in backing up any summons.

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Not sure how many of you are coming out for the clean up on oct 24th but there should be enough people out to maybe let all morons see that were trying to clean up and maybe scare some of em off of put some sense in there heads atleast

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
I think it's an excellent plan to start with. IMO, some points are a bit much, but it is a good beginning to have all interested parties on the issue begin a discussion. A poster here suggested getting the concerned parties together to begin discussing the issue and solution's, a good idea compared to the bashing that is going on online. I would think the Wharton super, reps from the organized ORV clubs, Park Police & CO's would have constructive suggestions. There are more than enough photograph's and video's floating around to make a point. Unless those photo's and video's can show something that links it to the owner, such as a license plate #, they are not worth much in backing up any summons.

IMHO

The bashing shouldn't stop until the problem does.

Everyone made it clear that its a few idiots making the rest look bad. I wheel/wheeled in the oine for more than 30 years and I'm not gonna stop pointing out destructive and illegal activities, even if other people don't like it.

Why stop bashing them. I don't understand, nothing is gonna happen until there is the public pressure to make it.

And you should understand that there are other large groups that know whats going on and want this problem to end.

The flowers and frogs asked me to stick up for them and I will not let them down

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
The internet is a good communication base, however alot of yesterdays posts go forgotten. Something needs to be done in person and I'm working on it as we speak. Hopefully yall have noticed I'm not biased to either side. i support both. All pertaining parties need to be there to represent. No i'm not talking a 500 person protest of either side I'm talking about 5-10 people that have the ability to make something happen. I volunteer myself due to the fact that I'm listened to for the most part by the 4x4 world. I'm not looking to throw anyone under the bus from past activitys, I'm looking at way of stopping the problem from continuing. As far as the bashing goes, I only feel as i have bashed on those who have the terroristic thoughts of booby trapping an area oof public access. Ok maybe i have bashed a little bit on Pines Lover for selective reading, but in the end we are both looking for the same outcome, for the bullshit to stop.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
Hi all

Who would be interested in a walking tour of 1/4 mile during the Oct 24th clean.

Myself and PPA could point out the flora, fauna and ecological features of this wonderful place.

Anyone interested?

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Hi all

Who would be interested in a walking tour of 1/4 mile during the Oct 24th clean.

Myself and PPA could point out the flora, fauna and ecological features of this wonderful place.

Anyone interested?

I got am idea , how about you come out and participate in the clean up and I'll point out a few things to you

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Like what?

Why would not come to the clean up ? But you'll go out and walk thru woods and watch everyone else clean up the land ? Let me guess ... Because you didn't put the trash there ? Well I didn't either , but I'm gonna do what I can to help keep it clean back there ! Like I said earlier all you wanna do is bitch and complain sitting behind a computor but you won't physiaclly do anything to help with the community

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
Devilstroy

so u can't just go blaming an entire community for a few loose screws ,

The Jeep Jamboree organizers, who promote this event with "plenty of mud holes and water crossings to get your Jeep...." and their participants are not a few loose screws

I see a lot of blame thrown around, but not much about the Jeep Jamboree that don''t follow the terms of their permit.

Or Pearse Umlauf''s blog scar blog statements that are clearly contradicted by many Jeep Jamboree You Tube videos.

This is why the bashing must go on, until Wharton pulls their permit

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Ok cool or you could just change the subject again and totally avoid my last statement .... And since when do you need a special permit ??? As long as your vehicle is registerd and insured anyone is allowed back there

Status
Not open for further replies.