Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
We can stop worrying about the economy now... Governor Corzine will save the country (like he's saved NJ) after Obama is elected. :bang:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-10-23-50statenj_N.htm

By Gregory J. Volpe, USA TODAY
TRENTON, N.J. — Gov. Jon Corzine apparently has yet to convince a lot of New Jersey residents that he has the financial expertise to fix the state's economic problems.
Nevertheless, Corzine has been serving as an economic spokesman for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on national television programs and at campaign rallies.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Peter Schiff, of Euro Pacific Capital, on what to expect from Obamenomics: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=289004&cl=10398703&src=finance&ch=633473

Ugh, that's what a high budget LIP video would look like.

Of course the type of people who show up on TheStreet.com TV are going to be against Obama's plan. They're going to end up paying more in taxes.

For anybody to say that we're in a worse economic shape than 1929 is ludicrous. We don't have unemployment levels like we did then. We don't have soup kitchens on every corner. And, if you look at how the government handled the Great Depression, they didn't let the market resolve itself back then either. WW2 ended the depression for us by increasing government spending on industrial goods.

I'm sorry, but to everyone who blames what's going on today on Clinton and says they saw it coming, well there was 8 years of Bush in the White House and he could have tried to hold it off. The Republicans want to turn this into a political mess when it has more to do with mismanagement of the economy all the way back to the 1960s. Both parties are at fault.

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
Ugh, that's what a high budget LIP video would look like.

Of course the type of people who show up on TheStreet.com TV are going to be against Obama's plan. They're going to end up paying more in taxes.

For anybody to say that we're in a worse economic shape than 1929 is ludicrous. We don't have unemployment levels like we did then. We don't have soup kitchens on every corner. And, if you look at how the government handled the Great Depression, they didn't let the market resolve itself back then either. WW2 ended the depression for us by increasing government spending on industrial goods.

I'm sorry, but to everyone who blames what's going on today on Clinton and says they saw it coming, well there was 8 years of Bush in the White House and he could have tried to hold it off. The Republicans want to turn this into a political mess when it has more to do with mismanagement of the economy all the way back to the 1960s. Both parties are at fault.

Well, I am definitely against higher taxes.

The high unemployment rate didn't happen until after 1929, nor did the soup kitchens. Those effects took place in the 30s.

And, I blame the Democrats and Republicans alike. To me there is no difference between the two...unbalanced budgets, deficit spending and perpetual war. The root cause of this financial nightmare is our keynesian economic policy and the Federal Reserve Bank.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well, I am definitely against higher taxes.

I don't mind if the people who make $250k+ a year pay higher taxes. Generally those people end up paying a lower % of their income in taxes than the middle class do.

I also realize that if I want top notch services, the money has to come from somewhere. People keep saying that taxes are too high, but want more and more services on top of it.

Making taxes more fair is the right thing to do. If that means that some people would have to pay more tax, then so be it.

The high unemployment rate didn't happen until after 1929, nor did the soup kitchens. Those effects took place in the 30s.

Well the market crashed on Sept 29, 1929, so there wasn't much time left in the 20s. My point is that the government hamfisted their way through that time, and they are now. But by no stretch of the word are things as bad now as they were in 1929. The quality of life for the poor is far better.

And, I blame the Democrats and Republicans alike. To me there is no difference between the two...unbalanced budgets, deficit spending and perpetual war. The root cause of this financial nightmare is our keynesian economic policy and the Federal Reserve Bank.

Well, I will say that I've noticed that the Republicans generally screw up the economy and the Democrats usually fix it. But if you look at the big picture over the course of decades you can see both parties selling the country up a river.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ben,

Your last two posts were right on target. I agree with them completely with one small exception. We don't know how bad it will get. It seems to me that printing more and more money without some of us feeling pain by making sacrifices is going to make things worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.