The Lure of the Land - A photographic journey through the pine barrens, New Jersey’s

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Chris I took a tip from Ben and downloaded the free photmatix trial.it does not run out but puts faint watermarks on your photos till you buy a license.I took one set of photos and blended them of the house.it was cloudy out but worked well.I have yet to see how this technique and software will work for me in sunny woods dappled with shadows.
Al

Reactions: Bachman's Ivory

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Manis Duck Pond. It is not as spectacular as the previous photos but it it brought out details that would have been lost in a single exposure.
HDR is interesting and has it's place. Photomatrix was easy, Luminance crashed.
Thanks for the introduction, I'll have to play with it.

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
That Verazzano photo brings back scary memories of one tranquil summer night when I was sea kayaking off Brooklyn when a huge summer thunderstorm struck and the tranquil night turned wild.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
The shot of Sandy Hook LH is amazing! The shadowing is eerily beautiful, especially against that sky. Catching Navesink with the north tower's beacon lit is also a nice shot.

John-

Reactions: Bachman's Ivory

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Manis Duck Pond. It is not as spectacular as the previous photos but it it brought out details that would have been lost in a single exposure.
HDR is interesting and has it's place. Photomatrix was easy, Luminance crashed.
Thanks for the introduction, I'll have to play with it.

True, not so spectacular, but I really like this one.

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Thanks, Pan! That sounds like one hell of a paddle! Here's some more detailed information from one of my favorite photographers. http://thegoldensieve.com/materials-and-methods/

Yeah, that night was a bit too exciting.

I read your link. This technology is rather fascinating to me. I love the effects it produces. There's quite a bit to it, not so simple, lots of creativity involved. I like it. I'd need a better digicam, like a slr, though. I just have a little pocket digicam now.

I got interested in photography at the age of 13 and I had an Ansco Memar 35mm camera then, and I took better pictures with it than I do now.

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Hazlet, Monmouth County, NJ
Haven't posted in quite some time. Did a few trips here and there (Vermont, Ricketts Glen PA). With the help of Bill, a friend and I ventured to Friendship late saturday night. You'll see those in here as well as a composite light painted image of the Wharton barn at Atsion. The composites are very labor intensive and require a separate exposure for each component to be lit with a flashlight. My Friend Evan and I are attempting to turn this into a business, photographing people's prized automobiles. For some neat examples, check out these photos from Eric Curry, the master:http://www.americanprideandpassion.com/photographs.php

Lastly I photographed a private cranberry harvest in the pines.

In the Still of the Night by Chase Schiefer, on Flickr

As The World Turns by Chase Schiefer, on Flickr

Look Down That Lonesome Road by Chase Schiefer, on Flickr

November Skies by Chase Schiefer, on Flickr

Ganoga Falls Panorama by Chase Schiefer, on Flickr
Ricketts Glen

Ganoga Falls by Chase Schiefer, on Flickr
Ricketts Glen

Dreams of Gold by Chase Schiefer, on Flickr
Vermont

Autumnal Bliss by Chase Schiefer, on Flickr
Vermont