The NEW Beer Thread

rc911

Explorer
Apr 23, 2015
Cream Ridge, NJ
I didn't realize there was a beer thread here. Wow, I'm getting thirsty going through some of these posts. Good, in ten minutes it will be 5:00. Yesterday we went to the River Horse brewery in Ewing NJ, just north of Trenton. Before moving to their new facility 2 years ago, they were in Lambertville, NJ for many years. On weekends, they give a brewery tour for $5.00 per person which includes 4 samples of their products. Beer can be purchased and consumed there or growlers can be filled. All of their beers that I tasted were quite good. Tour reservations are highly recommended which can be done on their website.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Tested out. Not your fathers root beer this weekend. A little sweet but not bad to have one after a hot day.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I just returned from vacation in Vermont with Jessica and Jennifer. While shopping the first day Jennifer decided to try a beer a day for six days from the assortment of beers available at the grocery store. You get the cardboard container and pick whatever six you want.

Her choices. Click on the photo to make much larger.

a.jpg

Trying the first one which was Wild Blue Blueberry Lager.

c.jpg

She enjoyed it but it did not like her and mysteriously appeared again in a short while. Just saying ......

On the remaining 5 I actually tried a sip and I can tell you that I would rather drink sewer water than the Longhammer IPA. It was unanimously rejected by all of us and went down the drain. I can't explain how disgusting that was. I don't know how it could legally be sold.

In the end from my point of view the only acceptable beer was the Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider. Jennifer found all of them acceptable except the IPA.

Guy

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Cider ain't beer, guy. Just saying. (;
I just returned from vacation in Vermont with Jessica and Jennifer. While shopping the first day Jennifer decided to try a beer a day for six days from the assortment of beers available at the grocery store. You get the cardboard container and pick whatever six you want.

Her choices. Click on the photo to make much larger.

a.jpg

Trying the first one which was Wild Blue Blueberry Lager.

c.jpg

She enjoyed it but it did not like her and mysteriously appeared again in a short while. Just saying ......

On the remaining 5 I actually tried a sip and I can tell you that I would rather drink sewer water than the Longhammer IPA. It was unanimously rejected by all of us and went down the drain. I can't explain how disgusting that was. I don't know how it could legally be sold.

In the end from my point of view the only acceptable beer was the Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider. Jennifer found all of them acceptable except the IPA.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
You have piqued my interest in Longhammer Guy. I'll bet I would probably like it.

A beer a day for six days sounds like a way of leading me toward abstinence.

Six beers a day for six days has a nicer ring !
;)

Reactions: bobpbx

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Probowalam to piwo od Polski w *Bamber* dziś wieczorem. Oglaszam ze smaczne!

View attachment 5393
Bob, Tatra is tasty. Thanks for pointing it out. I finally found it in Hammonton. It's light but with surprising depth and to local style – flat. Kind'a like Christian Schmidt's beer used to be in returnables, but fuller. The wife and I had it with sushi four our 26th anniversary. Years ago I drank this from a street-side beer dispenser in Kiev. Everyone drank out of a communal glass that was washed with a side spritzer.

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Chilled out Tuesday with the US Permafrost Association at San Francisco’s ThirstyBear Organic Brewery to microbrew and Spanish tapas. It is my task as board member to make sure the beer is cold, and to facilitate research on past permafrost features like those found in the Pine Barrens. On tap:

POLAR BEAR PILSNER bohemian-style pilsner; PANDA BEAR light ale infused with vanilla beans and cacao nibs; VALENCIA WHEAT belgian-inspired white, coriander and orange peel; GRIZZLY BEAR RED ALE hoppy american red ale; MEYER E.S.B (EXTRA SPECIAL BITTER) smooth caramel body, floral hop aroma, nitrogen conditioned KOZLOV STOUT black and chocolate malts, roasted barley, nitrogen conditioned; HOWARD STREET I.P.A. hoppy strong ale, citrus aroma

Why is it called ThirstyBear? According to TB an escaped circus bear entered a pub in Russia and stole a beer and some food from a patron. Three others offered the bear some more beer, and called the police. The animal was captured while sleeping in the park next to the pub.
Alaska Bear.jpg
ThirstyBear was in great contrast to the beverage enjoyed with Wednesday’s piping hot beef soon tofu (Korean Soup) in Japantown. The soup’s brought sizzling to the table, and a raw egg is then added to ever-so-slowly cook in the broth. There is nothing more tasty in this world than a slowly cooked fresh egg! A simple lager made from rice is the only way to go with this spicy Korean food.

IMG_5003.jpg

건배 [乾杯
S-M

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Chilled out Tuesday with the US Permafrost Association at San Francisco’s ThirstyBear Organic Brewery to microbrew and Spanish tapas. It is my task as board member to make sure the beer is cold, and to facilitate research on past permafrost features like those found in the Pine Barrens. On tap:

POLAR BEAR PILSNER bohemian-style pilsner; PANDA BEAR light ale infused with vanilla beans and cacao nibs; VALENCIA WHEAT belgian-inspired white, coriander and orange peel; GRIZZLY BEAR RED ALE hoppy american red ale; MEYER E.S.B (EXTRA SPECIAL BITTER) smooth caramel body, floral hop aroma, nitrogen conditioned KOZLOV STOUT black and chocolate malts, roasted barley, nitrogen conditioned; HOWARD STREET I.P.A. hoppy strong ale, citrus aroma

Why is it called ThirstyBear? According to TB an escaped circus bear entered a pub in Russia and stole a beer and some food from a patron. Three others offered the bear some more beer, and called the police. The animal was captured while sleeping in the park next to the pub.
ThirstyBear was in great contrast to the beverage enjoyed with Wednesday’s piping hot beef soon tofu (Korean Soup) in Japantown. The soup’s brought sizzling to the table, and a raw egg is then added to ever-so-slowly cook in the broth. There is nothing more tasty in this world than a slowly cooked fresh egg! A simple lager made from rice is the only way to go with this spicy Korean food.

건배 [乾杯
S-M
If you're out there long enough you have to try 21st Amendment it's not too far from Thirsty Bear

Reactions: Spung-Man