THE OLD CEDAR BRIDGE ROAD

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
THE OLD PINEY HERE AGAIN,GANG.................IN JACK CERVETTOS BOOK HE MENTIONS A CEDAR BRIDGE HOTEL SOMEWHERE ALONG THE OLD BAY ROAD,RTE 554.............SOME OLD MAPS INDICATE IT WAS SOMEWHERE WEST OF THE JCT OF 72 AND WEST BAY AVE , ...........I DO NOTE THAT THE CEDAR BRIDGE ROAD COMES OUT OF THE WOODS THERE,AND PRESUME THATS THE SPOT............THE OLD CEDAR BRIDGE ROAD WAS ONCE A MAIN ROUTE FROM WEST JERSEY TO THE SHORE..................APPARENTLY IT RAN EAST TO 72 AND THEN BEYOND,AND EVENTUALLY CROSSED RTE 9...........AND WENT ON TO THE BAY.................THE PART BETWEEN 72 AND 9 IS NOW A HOUSING DEVELOPMENT,BUT IT BEGINS AGAIN JUST WEST OF 9 , IN MANAHAWKIN WHRE IT IS STILL CALLED CEDAR BRIDGE ROAD..............IN DRIVING DOWN TO LUCILLES IN WARREN GROVE, I ALWAYS SEE THE OLD CEDAR BRIDGE ROAD ,OR TRAIL GOING EAST FROM THERE...............THAT AND THE PANCOASTAL HIGHWAY WERE IMPORTANT ROUTES IN THE OLD DAYS..........HECK, I REMEMBER ICE WAGONS AND HORSES WHEN I WAS A BOY............PRESS ON GUYS.........KARL

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
bruset, hi ben.........hope that new jeep is going well........im green with envy..........many thanks for the infor and pics on cedar bridge hotel...........how do i download the pics........im still a novice at some of this.........press on,karl

B

bach2yoga

Karl, at the top of this page you'll see a pull-down menu that says Photo Galleries. Click on that, and click on Member's Galleries. When you get to the member's galleries page you'll see that there is a pull-down menu toward the top left near the word "slideshow" that says Administrative Options. Use that pulldown to click on new nested album. From there it should walk you through it. When it prompts you for you pictures to upload, you can just hit browse and find the file on your computer that you want to upload.
It should pretty much prompt you through it once you hit "new nested album".
Renee

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
OH HECK, THANKS ANYWAY BEN..........I THINK I CAN FIND THE PLACE........JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHERE IT WAS........BY THE WAY, I CHECKED OUT THE CONTINUATION OF CEDAR BRIDGE ROAD AT MANAHAWKIN.............GOES INTO HILLARD ROAD,AND CONTINUES TO THE OLD FERRY AT THE BAY...........CERVETTO MENTIONS A PLACE CALLED MAYETTA.........ON THE OLD MAPS, IT LOOKS LIKE ITS JUST NORTH OF THE JCT OF 72 AND NINE IN MANAHAWKING..............PRESS ON GANG,KARL

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Karl,

As I have mentioned before, when you turn onto Cedar Bridge road after leaving 72, at the top of the hill ahead of you on the way to the hotel, pull off in the small parking area on the left, and walk across the dirt road to the 1924 Cedar Bridge Fire tower foundations that I wrote the article on. It is mentioned in Beck's chapter on Cedar Bridge.

http://njpinebarrens.com/Sections-article31-p1.phtml

Guy

Wrangleboro

Jul 5, 2012
Irish Wharf
www.allempires.com
Karl it is just north of Manahawkin. Kids from there go to Manahawkin schools. Not much to the town itself. My BILs family was from there.

Nykki

If this is in regards to "Mayetta", Mayetta sits South of Manahawkin, roughly halfway between Manahawkin and Tuckerton. On the right side of RT 9 heading North out of Tuckerton there is a cast iron sign reading "Mayetta". Immed. beyond the sign is what I think is the only remaining original house. My mother was born in that house. She may be the last living former resident of Mayetta.
Mayetta was also a stop on the Tuckerton Railroad. I have a passenger ticket for West Creek to Mayetta, ticket #1405.