Tuesday with Alfie

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Thanx for the East Point photos... my favorite Jersey light. That area is very secluded.

How was the road out there? Any flooding?

John-

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
The road there was fine, John. No flooding at all. I think things might get hairy there during severe tides, though.

Oji. Yer on to something. Voodoo is something Alfie certainly would doodoo. He's mean.

Turtle ... thanks! If the images cause a pitter-pat, then you definitely owe yourself a visit to these ruins!

Whip

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
my wife would second that Oji. I tell her to man up buttercup but she tells me when I come out the winder better be opened and the door closed.then later she makes me go back in a close the winder so the seat will warm back up.I confess i am well trained.i put the seat down now too. and no doodooin with the door open when she's home.I have to get out in the woods occasionally just so i can be a man.Now you knopw where Alfreda came from,sometimes i feel so emasculated:-(
Alfriedi

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
station

adIMG_2211.jpg

Special (abbreviated) Sunday Tuesday with Alfie edition!

aaaIMG_2259.jpg

abIMG_2228.jpg

acIMG_2231.jpg

abaIMG_2218.jpg

afIMG_2237.jpg

aeIMG_2236.jpg

agIMG_2246.jpg

ahIMG_2243.jpg

sound effects provided by the hidden peeper ...
aiIMG_2266.jpg

Bill and Al:

I tried once before to research this concrete structure without any verifiable results. I can tell you, however, that it is most definitely NOT a railroad station. My prior research suggests the original owners constructed this building to be a cannery, for which the railroad offered a very convenient shipping modality.

If I can find a truly citable source, I will positively identify the building’s original name.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Jerseyman,
This building sets right next to the tracks.you could jump off of the deck onto the tracks,it's that close.We found a remnant of an old road with trees in it approximately 50 years olf and there are trees growing in the building I would estimate bat between 40 and 50 years old.Part of the building has a floor much higher then the other half and I wonder if it is hollow underneath or filled with dirt.There is no apparent way under this section but if it is not filled their could be a void under the floor 10 ft high.There is just as large an area of foundation that has totally lost it's walls outside of the part that still stands.There is wood still in some of the windows and door jams and steel beams still support the upper section atop concrete pillars.
Any info yuou can dig up on this place will be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Al

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Bill and Al:

I tried once before to research this concrete structure without any verifiable results. I can tell you, however, that it is most definitely NOT a railroad station.

Jerseyman

Now you tell me. Some clown there, hanging out of a window, sold me a rail ticket to "Paradise" for 20 bucks. :(

abaIMG_2228.jpg

aaIMG_2259_Painting.jpg

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
I dunno--that beautiful shot of the tracks in perspective makes it look as if they might lead to paradise--there's even a light at the end! Such an interesting structure, especially with the impromptu artwork, presumably created by James, which adds a touch of mystery. Love what you did with it, Whip! And thanks for the peeper--I've been hoping he'd show up soon.

Glo

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
yes he does[/QUOTE]

Do you still believe in paradise everytime you get a rash of chiggers?poison ivy? or pull a tick outta you know where?
pretty lame paradise ifn you ask me but a durn site better still then anything we can create.
Alfie

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
This is all getting confusing, but here's a Saturday Tuesday with Alfie (nuthin'] special.

Meet Ray ...
aaIMG_2276.jpg

Ray and the Redneck
acIMG_2283.jpg

adIMG_2284.jpg

abIMG_2277.jpg

Other buds
acdIMG_2289.jpg

Ray goes solo
aeIMG_2297.jpg

agIMG_2302.jpg

qaIMG_1353.jpg

My favorite board in the pines
afIMG_2299.jpg

West, late
ahIMG_2301.jpg

Alfie! Somebody took are pitcher!
fluence.jpg

sIMG_2290_Painting.jpg

sIMG_2202_Painting.jpg

Closer to home
zIMG_2270.jpg

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Holy cow...... Beer, stones, flowers, music, bricks, spungs....now boards? I will aim to find myself my own favorite board....or at least find a board that is respectable enough to keep company with yours! :)
What's next? (don't answer!)

I can touch the "west late" photo and feel the warm sheen. Thanks.

turtle

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Oji,
Are you saying I look better with my face uncovered? My uncle always told me I looked better with my face all covered up. I shaved and then immediately lost my first front tooth.cracked clean off in a turkey sammich,now i have to regrow the fuzz to hide the gap.I'm headed fro falsies,teeth that is:)...just putting off the inevitable.Now i may take up snuff.I got a spit shoot to work through now.
Alfie the Barrens guy

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Good to see your board, again, Whip. And the clouds--with silhouetted tree--are splendid. But I agree with T, the 'West, late' shot gets best of show. I've read about water that looks like satin, and now, in this luminous spread, I've seen it! . . . Thank you!

Glo