Uh-oh...Trouble

i don't know, that closer shot makes me skeptical... looks like rubber.....

BlueMoon:

I absolutely concur with your assessment of the snake. If you look closely, you will see that the “scales” do not all meet and there is a greyish-black “body” showing through and around the scales. I was going to comment about it when Bob first posted the images.

Now—perhaps we can wrap the “snake” around a rubber chicken and the scene will be complete!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
i believe the snake is real and yes the picture with the blueish eyes is a snake getting ready to shed.the brille cap over the eye fills with fluid just before shedding which gives it a blue color.they will clear immediately prior to shedding.snakes prior to shedding are especially irate.Their vision is much reduced and they probably itch,in any case they tend to be grumpy.
Al

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I went out and bought a different model of a fake snake, and drove an hour today to find a good spot to photograph it. Notice it is positioned differently.

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1966a.jpg

IMG_1964.JPG

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Very cool Guy! That really is a nice rubber one. You must have paid a fortune. Look at the detail!

Right BlueMoonMuskrat?

PS: I am actually flattered that you think I am so fun-loving as to play a little harmless trick and fool you all. I suppose when I posted Buddy's paw print and got some to say it was a coyote, that made you leery of me. My fault.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
This thread is rapidly accumulating points for "most entertaining."

Guy, you've contributed much to my PB education and now you've managed to extend it so-o-o much further.:D ECampell and Jerseyman, those excellent researchers, should be proud of your investigative spirit.

I hope this isn't contagious.
Warning--especially to WFC members. If I see a Friendship bog desecrated with a rubber frog, I can't answer for the noise.

Glo

Very cool Guy! That really is a nice rubber one. You must have paid a fortune. Look at the detail!

Right BlueMoonMuskrat?

PS: I am actually flattered that you think I am so fun-loving as to play a little harmless trick and fool you all. I suppose when I posted Buddy's paw print and got some to say it was a coyote, that made you leery of me. My fault.

Yo, Bob!

I have yet to see you respond concretely concerning the snake you photographed, so I must ask directly (and borrow from an old commercial): “is it live or is it rubbertex?” I still think it is the latter.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jerseyman,

Jessica said she will personally take you there if you pick it up and kiss it on the face :D

Health care paid up?

Guy