Where is this?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What's the deal with the addendum, "Not a working road"?
I think they they mean nobody officially maintains it, so don't call us if you are stuck, because it's your fault. I like the fact that they were not explicitly denying access. I walked about 200 yards down it to where it starts to rise out of the lowland.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Where is this?

1691451641543.png

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Absolutely right! Was there today, first time. Was poking around the spillway. I had no idea that beach was County with no stinking badges required.

Nice spot.

66C10

Scout
Aug 4, 2023
South Vineland
Is that the old place at the Fries Mill ruins west of the Manumuskin River?
Close. Further upstream on the west side of the Manumuskin it’s an old bow club that burned down in mid to late 60s. Located on Forge Ave (on Hartman’s maps) it’s in the area where Eli Budd’s iron forge was located. My dad was a Boy Scout and at the time they were camping farther down union rd one night while the Girl Scouts were using this bow club it burned down.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Close. Further upstream on the west side of the Manumuskin it’s an old bow club that burned down in mid to late 60s. Located on Forge Ave (on Hartman’s maps) it’s in the area where Eli Budd’s iron forge was located. My dad was a Boy Scout and at the time they were camping farther down union rd one night while the Girl Scouts were using this bow club it burned down.
I"ve passed it a hundred times but never knew it was a bow club till you told me so.Never would have thought it was that long ago that it burnt down either.You'd think it woulda finished falling down by now.

Reactions: Boyd and 66C10

66C10

Scout
Aug 4, 2023
South Vineland
I"ve passed it a hundred times but never knew it was a bow club till you told me so.Never would have thought it was that long ago that it burnt down either.You'd think it woulda finished falling down by now.
It was called some name that sounded Indian I’m not even going to try to type it out :) oak-e-win-oak-e something like that. He was born in ‘54 so it burned between then and however old is too old to be a Boy Scout. Someone fixed the bridge within the last few years

Reactions: manumuskin and Boyd

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
It was called some name that sounded Indian I’m not even going to try to type it out :) oak-e-win-oak-e something like that. He was born in ‘54 so it burned between then and however old is too old to be a Boy Scout. Someone fixed the bridge within the last few years
Yes I remember the old log you had to walk across.Bridge is much safer now.

Reactions: 66C10