Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Grab the pin at Batsto and move it to the location. You may have to do it a few times. It is very important that once you drop it for the final time you do not move the map until you have copied the URL.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
For the rail to be like it is at that location I would have to say it was vandals unless there is a road there where going across the tracks moved them.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Guy, when did you take that picture? I walked the rails from Carranza to Chatsworth in the late 90's and don't remember seeing that.

Reactions: Teegate

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
That would be just south of Pine Crest. Those doors were from a box car that derailed there a long time ago. I don't think the bent rails are associated with the derailment because I don't remember seeing them in the 90's and that track was in use up to 1978. Guy will maybe confirm this.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
On a similar vein, this one should be easy. Taken 12/21/2013

TrainGate.PNG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That would be just south of Pine Crest. Those doors were from a box car that derailed there a long time ago. I don't think the bent rails are associated with the derailment because I don't remember seeing them in the 90's and that track was in use up to 1978. Guy will maybe confirm this.

Yea, the door is right near Pine Crest as Ed mentioned. I don't have the exact GPS cords in my records for some reason.

4/7/2002

door.JPG

The stopper in Bob's photo is right by Bridge 74 which is famous because it washed out the day the Blue Comet derailed. You can see it in the distance in this photo.

Bridge74_andRRStopper.JPG

And Ed that has to be the Atsion Cemetery.

Guy