Where is this?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
The first one I ever saw like this. It's been there a long time.
Report bt Phone.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The first one I ever saw like this. It's been there a long time.

There are quite a few out there or I should say there were.

In any event, I am not going to give cords to the ones I know about but I will guess on yours by asking a question. Is it near a major highway? Edit: Looking at my photo it may be the wrong one I am thinking of.

BTW, Jess and I were looking for one we saw years ago a few weeks ago and could not find it. I will have to go back soon and look again.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Yes. Note the extrusions tacked to the tree, a double like. I've seen it before, the signature of a fellow wanderer.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Next Question. Is it really close to a major highway?

In my photo from 8/6/2005 there is what appears to be a rust spot to the right of the letter E in PHONE. I don't see that on yours making me have doubts. But if you say it is really close to a highway then I have to say it is the same sign.

IMG_5759.jpeg

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I also have the photo of the sign in Guy's post; with the same rust spot. My photo was taken in September 2017. And I'm sure that is on a main highway that passes through the Pines. I know of one other sign, but I don't have a photo. That one is on a main 'piney' road. It may be the one on the left in Ed's post.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I also have the photo of the sign in Guy's post; with the same rust spot. My photo was taken in September 2017. And I'm sure that is on a main highway that passes through the Pines. I know of one other sign, but I don't have a photo. That one is on a main 'piney' road. It may be the one on the left in Ed's post.
I think the two photos in Ed's post is the same sign with photos of it taken from both sides.

Reactions: enormiss

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This is the sign I have been trying to relocate. I took this photo in 2005 and I know the road but can't find the sign. However, the tree may have fallen.

IMG_5220a.jpeg

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
It is not that tree.
Does East Stokes jog your memory? My picture was taken Friday, it still stands.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Rooftree has written to me about East Stokes. If I took a photo of it I can't find it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That appears to be the one at Dutchtown that is in my photo. I see what looks like rust by the E.

Reactions: MuckSavage

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Back then, you'd have to drive home, grab the handset off the wall, and dial information and ask for the Forest Fire Warden.

I forget what we had to do to get information. Ask the operator?