New profile posts

I you forget your hammock in WSF, let me know and I'll retrieve it for you...in a day or two. Is it big enough for someone around 6'?
Reactions: Jason Bladzinski
Jason Bladzinski
Jason Bladzinski
Lol! You are joking, right? Well, chances are that I won't leave my good hammock made by hammock bliss with the integrated bug net behind, but if I leave the handmade One behind, i'll tell you where to find it, and you can keep it if you do. I will definitely fit a person over 6 feet.
It's quite liberating and cooling too. That's why I take off my shirt on those very hot summer days. Too much heat make for too much sweat. Try leaning back on your car seat with a soaked T-Shirt.
Looks comfortable. Do you use a hammock in WSF? Is it covered with bug netting?
Reactions: Jason Bladzinski
Jason Bladzinski
Jason Bladzinski
That was a handmade Hammock i used some time ago, but yes I do use my hammock in WSF and anywhere else I camp. The hammock i currently use has an integrated bug net. It's made by hammock bliss.
I have been a member of the OC Sportsmen's club since 1978. I have an old tree stand about 100 yds. behind the old outhouse pictured.
Thanks for your reply on the Applegate Mill. For some reason I can not reply on my original post. I spent the day at the OC Historical Society and got a lot of useful info. I plan on doing a walkthrough of the area tomorow. Joe
Jerseyman, I am researching Cattus Island, Toms River, when It was owned by the Applegates. I am trying to find the location of Applegate Sawmill which ran from 1842 to the mid 1870's. It was said to be near Applegate Cove and a Lumer boatyard was said to be near by. Im also researching the Pennsylvania Salt works and the 2 companies of Pennsylvania Infantry that guarded the place at Shelter Cove in Toms River. Joe
I'm looking for anyone who can help me on reading topo maps i know the basics but I want to become an expert at them can anyone help me?
Greetings,
I am looking for any information related to my grandfather and his photo in any books published after 1939 Four Mile Colony. Granddad was employed there in 1948. Can you help?
Hey thanks for sharing the link to bel haven - good summary of creek trips in the pines!
Dodging the ice flows this week...
hi ghendri,....wow,great pictures...........none of the otters though........saw a pair this fall in the Oswego river,they kept popping up to watch me pickerel fish..........wild,curious.......obviously intelligent creatures...........where is that creek you were on..........would love to take my kayak there........is the fishing anygood............obviously ,catch and realease of course...........paddle on,strom