New profile posts

I you forget your hammock in WSF, let me know and I'll retrieve it for you...in a day or two. Is it big enough for someone around 6'?
Reactions: Jason Bladzinski
Jason Bladzinski
Jason Bladzinski
Lol! You are joking, right? Well, chances are that I won't leave my good hammock made by hammock bliss with the integrated bug net behind, but if I leave the handmade One behind, i'll tell you where to find it, and you can keep it if you do. I will definitely fit a person over 6 feet.
It's quite liberating and cooling too. That's why I take off my shirt on those very hot summer days. Too much heat make for too much sweat. Try leaning back on your car seat with a soaked T-Shirt.
Looks comfortable. Do you use a hammock in WSF? Is it covered with bug netting?
Reactions: Jason Bladzinski
Jason Bladzinski
Jason Bladzinski
That was a handmade Hammock i used some time ago, but yes I do use my hammock in WSF and anywhere else I camp. The hammock i currently use has an integrated bug net. It's made by hammock bliss.
I have been a member of the OC Sportsmen's club since 1978. I have an old tree stand about 100 yds. behind the old outhouse pictured.
Thanks for your reply on the Applegate Mill. For some reason I can not reply on my original post. I spent the day at the OC Historical Society and got a lot of useful info. I plan on doing a walkthrough of the area tomorow. Joe
Jerseyman, I am researching Cattus Island, Toms River, when It was owned by the Applegates. I am trying to find the location of Applegate Sawmill which ran from 1842 to the mid 1870's. It was said to be near Applegate Cove and a Lumer boatyard was said to be near by. Im also researching the Pennsylvania Salt works and the 2 companies of Pennsylvania Infantry that guarded the place at Shelter Cove in Toms River. Joe
I'm looking for anyone who can help me on reading topo maps i know the basics but I want to become an expert at them can anyone help me?
Greetings,
I am looking for any information related to my grandfather and his photo in any books published after 1939 Four Mile Colony. Granddad was employed there in 1948. Can you help?