Bullock/Pasadena/Mount Misery/Vandalism

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
My family just bought property out at Bullock Station. I see there is some info here on this site about Bullock. I am very interested in any history and especially photographs of the area.

Unfortunately I am quite upset that some awful intruder vandalized the house the other night. I am surprised since I am told there is very little crime in the area. They bashed in our sliding glass door and stole some of our much needed tools.

If anyone hears of similar vandalism please let me know, especially if someone is caught.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
My family just bought property out at Bullock Station. I see there is some info here on this site about Bullock. I am very interested in any history and especially photographs of the area.

Unfortunately I am quite upset that some awful intruder vandalized the house the other night. I am surprised since I am told there is very little crime in the area. They bashed in our sliding glass door and stole some of our much needed tools.

If anyone hears of similar vandalism please let me know, especially if someone is caught.

Heres some info on Bullock

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/bullock.6925/

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the break-in, that's not the kind of welcome you want for a new home.
I know.............keep your eyes peeled for someone trying to sell a red compressor.....................

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thank You, It looks like the Ballanger property is ours.

I will scan that portion later today so you can see it better.

Welcome to the site. If you learn anything from around there we would surely be interested.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Is this on Mount Misery road, almost to the RR tracks? I remember my freinds Uncle lived there in the 70's. We went out there to see his ultralight aircraft...the snoopy. He would rent them if I recall correctly. His name was Bob Abel.

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
Is this on Mount Misery road, almost to the RR tracks? I remember my freinds Uncle lived there in the 70's. We went out there to see his ultralight aircraft...the snoopy. He would rent them if I recall correctly. His name was Bob Abel.

I'm pretty sure that was his name. The people out there thought he designed a plane though, that caught a fire or something and consequently didn't make market. Not really sure. Everyones take on things is a little different.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm pretty sure that was his name. The people out there thought he designed a plane though, that caught a fire or something and consequently didn't make market. Not really sure. Everyones take on things is a little different.

Well, 35 years is a long time. Maybe there was design involved. I remember that he hired a kid to make test flights. This kid's name was David Crankshaw from Browns Mills. He subsequently married Bob's niece. They divorced maybe 10 years ago. Anyway, Dave is a rip-roaring devil-may-care kind of guy. He'd be up there flying and the engine would quit. Dave would reach back and fix it with bubblegum and a clothespin, and still land safely (most times). I vaguely remember a crash and fire :D.

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
Well, 35 years is a long time. Maybe there was design involved. I remember that he hired a kid to make test flights. This kid's name was David Crankshaw from Browns Mills. He subsequently married Bob's niece. They divorced maybe 10 years ago. Anyway, Dave is a rip-roaring devil-may-care kind of guy. He'd be up there flying and the engine would quit. Dave would reach back and fix it with bubblegum and a clothespin, and still land safely (most times). I vaguely remember a crash and fire :D.
Hahahahaha bubble gum and a clothes pin................that was funny!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I'd love to live out there. There's a new, beautiful house that someone recently built at Bullock but is asking ridiculous money for.

That was the son of the man who owns the last house on Mt. Misery Road on the left side. At least he told me he was.

Guy

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
I'd love to live out there. There's a new, beautiful house that someone recently built at Bullock but is asking ridiculous money for.
Well........................we dont have a new house.........................we have a really old fix it upper............maybe if you get one of those you can live out there.

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
That was the son of the man who owns the last house on Mt. Misery Road on the left side. At least he told me he was.

Guy
Thats the Ocean County Mt Misery Road.
Mount Misery/Broken Arm Road is the one on the Ocean County side.
Awful names!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well........................we dont have a new house.........................we have a really old fix it upper............maybe if you get one of those you can live out there.

I'd be happy with one of those, too. I keep my eye on the real estate in the area - the only property that I saw for sale under $250k was some place up Savoy Blvd.

flash

Scout
Jul 25, 2009

I have a few pics of the Bullock area. Been having trouble posting them. When i get them working i will send them to you.

flash

Scout
Jul 25, 2009
Here are the links to some pictures:

6493749615_734dceabcb_z.jpg

6493748093_b8c3ce90a3_z.jpg

6493746463_3b876de800.jpg

6493744853_9280221dd8_z.jpg

6493938995_894807f269_z.jpg

6493942145_6485ac3900_z.jpg

6493940555_56102663b5_z.jpg