RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
We could use it here, the rain over the weekend was barely measurable here but the humidity was brutal. I know areas to the North got some significant rain though, my daughter drove down from New York on Saturday afternoon and said they hit really heavy rain in Tabernacle with visibility almost down to zero.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
We could use it here, the rain over the weekend was barely measurable here but the humidity was brutal. I know areas to the North got some significant rain though, my daughter drove down from New York on Saturday afternoon and said they hit really heavy rain in Tabernacle with visibility almost down to zero.
Let it rain! Wildflowers have been amazing this year love to see it continue!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Looking like it will be a good light show :eek:

DCtk_HvUAAEDqxK.jpg:large

19260233_1595756340457758_2301678496285713157_n.png

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
20-30 minute storm. 5:10 to 5:40. Became ominously dark but reality was much less than appearance. Moderate 20-30 mph wind gusts and a very steady and somewhat intense rain but nothing rose to the level of severe storm. No hail, no high winds. Just a nice watering for my freshly cut lawn. Western Camden County.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
20-30 minute storm. 5:10 to 5:40. Became ominously dark but reality was much less than appearance. Moderate 20-30 mph wind gusts and a very steady and somewhat intense rain but nothing rose to the level of severe storm. No hail, no high winds. Just a nice watering for my freshly cut lawn. Western Camden County.
Drove home from Manhattan. The first cell was strong close to severe. The wind had the trees dancing. Drove through several more but all were like you mentioned nice garden variety summer storms. Nice to watch.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Wow, I don't think we had any significant wind down here. Did not hear anything overnight, and no tree branches on the ground this morning.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Browns Mills and Collingswood/Haddon Heights had straight wind storms estimated at 75 mph that took out several trees but nothing like the storm in Howell!

I was right down the road from Collingswood and Haddon Heights at a diner around 6:15-6:30AM this morning when my phone gave the alert. Everyone in the place was looking at me. I looked out the window and I could see a large cloud formation circling in a large circle. Nothing like a tornado but the sky as far as I could see was circling. The wind and rain picked up but never amounted to anything severe. Haddon Heights was a half mile away. The lights dimmed once and everyone stopped talking but that was about it. We all watched the TV until we left and arriving home all was well.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
I was right down the road from Collingswood and Haddon Heights at a diner around 6:15-6:30AM this morning when my phone gave the alert. Everyone in the place was looking at me. I looked out the window and I could see a large cloud formation circling in a large circle. Nothing like a tornado but the sky as far as I could see was circling. The wind and rain picked up but never amounted to anything severe. Haddon Heights was a half mile away. The lights dimmed once and everyone stopped talking but that was about it. We all watched the TV until we left and arriving home all was well.
Yeah its quite striking how narrow these microbursts can be. It was pretty bad in Collingswood. Check out the homes damaged and trees down in on this video from this morning: http://6abc.com/weather/powerful-storms-uproot-trees-cause-power-outages-in-pa-nj/2140284/