Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The economy isn't important to me. This state of martial law is.There is no reason to keep people out of the woods except to control them.And yet it's perfectly okay to go to Walmart? People worrying about how much money is in their pocket disgusts me as well.I don;t want anyone to die but believe me we all will, but neither will I roll over and play dead,not even for Trump no matter how much I like him.I"m not having parties, I generally keep to myself at work anyway but do have to eat in a too small lunchroom with too many people so if I catch anything it will be from a place I have to be anyway but for the life of me I"ve never heard of catching a virus from a tree.I"m about to find out though.,I"ll be in Wharton tomorrow

This isn't martial law. Martial Law is when they put the military in charge of a civilian population, which requires an act of Congress to happen. The Army hasn't started shooting people for trying to walk around Batsto.

You can go to Walmart because they sell food and other essential supplies there. And it's still really discouraged. You won't DIE from not being able to go to a park for a few weeks. Is it inconvenient? Yes. But sometimes you have to deal with an inconvenience if you want to participate in society at large. This is a really unique situation that has life or death consequences for both you and others.

You can go to a park tomorrow, but who's to say that you won't come across someone, especially since so many people are saying that they're going to flout the restriction? Or who's to say that you won't get in a car accident on the way there? The chances may be low, but there is still a non zero chance that you may interact with someone. And you yourself may have it or the other person may have it and since you can have the virus for a long time before you start to show symptoms it means that you can spread it around to a lot of people while you think that you're healthy.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Not funny?

Attachments

• liberty.jpg
    liberty.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Not funny?

Al, you have things mixed up. That cartoon would be much more suited to mock the pathetic fear New Yorkers exhibited when they were too scared to allow Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and four other accused Sept. 11 plotters in the heart of downtown Manhattan for trial.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
You can go to a park tomorrow, but who's to say that you won't come across someone, especially since so many people are saying that they're going to flout the restriction?

I've been searching but cannot find an executive order which supersedes page 5 of Executive Order 107.

"All New Jersey residents shall remain home or at their place of residence unless they are .... walking, running, operating a wheelchair, or engaging in outdoor activities..."

It is currently illegal to go to State Parks. But the last time I checked ***Whitesbog- is closed****, Forsythe, and all of the WMA's are still open. And legal to visit. And specifically sanctioned as legal by Murphy, as long as social distancing is maintained.

I am not aware that he superseded the "stay at home" section on page 5 of Executive Order 107.

Last edited:
Not at all,just saying that it will come back till we either develop this immunity or they vaccinate every one and I am a bit concerned with what else they may decide to slip into the vaccination. No I am not Bill Gates and am not preaching population reduction. But I do have a question.How is it Murphy has shut down 100,000 plus acre Wharton but Menantico WMa at about on fiftieth the size is still open? I was just out there and there were people every where because they have no where else to go. Yes i would rather die free then live in the governments cage with all of us scared to death of each other. If they want me to wear a sock over my head when in public places I"ll do it not to scare other people,maybe I better change my avatar as well but I will not have anyone telling me where I can wander on state property which is my property,I think Phil has over stepped himself. The government let the Spanish Flu go like wild fire,why is this much less deadly disease any different? I am not knocking the social distancing just wondering why the government concern now? There is much evidence that other deaths are being reported as Covid deaths,Heart attack statistics have went way down for some reason, many people that are dying for other reasons if they test positive for Covid antibodies are being reported as Covid deaths. I can send links if interested. Someone wants us to fear and why and why now? I think I know.

Calm down. Deep, calming breaths. Do not fart; it screws up the mantra and singes your aura.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Yeah, who would trust these "experts" and their "science"?

These 'experts' are learning as they go along, no experts on this virus yet. Much of their 'science' is based on computer modeling; the models do not have enough data yet to be accurate. Some latest reports state the social distancing distance should be extended to 23 feet, that would be the third extension; it began with 3 feet. Now we are told to wear masks; not long ago wearing a mask was strongly discouraged. And the stats are a bit skewed regarding the deaths. A bit troubling is labeling the cause of death for those with existing conditions as being from the virus. To me, if there is such a wide ranging, often changing direction to how this virus should be approached, I for one like the ultra-conservative approach. If that means becoming a hermit for a few months, so be it. Not taking a walk in the woods won't kill me, but this virus can. As always, opinions are just that. Now if I could just find some toilet paper....

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
Everytime I think the Coronavirus is being overblown I always think of the family that died in Freehold. The flu dosen't wipe out an entire family.

Reactions: bobpbx
These 'experts' are learning as they go along, no experts on this virus yet. Much of their 'science' is based on computer modeling; the models do not have enough data yet to be accurate. Some latest reports state the social distancing distance should be extended to 23 feet, that would be the third extension; it began with 3 feet. Now we are told to wear masks; not long ago wearing a mask was strongly discouraged. And the stats are a bit skewed regarding the deaths. A bit troubling is labeling the cause of death for those with existing conditions as being from the virus. To me, if there is such a wide ranging, often changing direction to how this virus should be approached, I for one like the ultra-conservative approach. If that means becoming a hermit for a few months, so be it. Not taking a walk in the woods won't kill me, but this virus can. As always, opinions are just that. Now if I could just find some toilet paper....

"...labeling the cause of death..." I was assistant to the Atlantic County medical examiner 1982-1984, helping with several hundred autopsies. This country has never mandated enough post-mortem examinations, and now that the pandemic "hot spots" are overwhelmed, vital details on precisely how people died may not be available.

There are too many bodies to autopsy them all. The infection risk to hospital pathologists and medical examiner staff is unclear. I hope that enough are done to obtain the anatomic detail needed for a better understanding of these deaths.

Yet another area where we're still learning.

HankG

Scout
Dec 14, 2019
where i am
1.Nobody is in a cage. And I really wonder how many people would be so against the stay at home orders if the president was the one pushing them.

2.There is evidence that a lot of Covid deaths aren't being reported because people are dying at home and not being tested because why test a dead person?

3.The government isn't out to get you, but there are a lot of people that would love for everyone to fear the government for their own ends. They're the same kind of people that say that "the economy" is more important than saving lives.

1. The president (and the administration) ARE pushing the orders....

2. I don't doubt this, but we also have to factor in the fact that, per Dr. Birx and the CDC, deaths are being attributed to coronavirus, in droves, without testing.... The death rate will certainly plummet, and I'm really happy about this...

3. Anyone who says the economy is more important than lives, if they exist at all, are fortunately very few and far between. By far, those who are concerned about the economy are so because they care about human life (do you know what a great depression will do to quality life and longevity?)

HankG

Scout
Dec 14, 2019
where i am
Everytime I think the Coronavirus is being overblown I always think of the family that died in Freehold. The flu dosen't wipe out an entire family.

You sure about that?

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
1. The president (and the administration) ARE pushing the orders....

2. I don't doubt this, but we also have to factor in the fact that, per Dr. Birx and the CDC, deaths are being attributed to coronavirus, in droves, without testing.... The death rate will certainly plummet, and I'm really happy about this...

3. Anyone who says the economy is more important than lives, if they exist at all, are fortunately very few and far between. By far, those who are concerned about the economy are so because they care about human life (do you know what a great depression will do to quality life and longevity?)

Our president gets a lot of his direction from the Fox News opinion folks who are currently doing everything they can to undermine Dr Fauci. The president was initially reluctant to propose stay at home orders and has largely left it to the states, which is why places like Florida only recently implemented a lock down order.

I’d love to see credible proof that people are just calling any old death a Coronavirus death. Everything that I have heard is that they’re not including people who weren’t tested, or maybe showing symptoms - I don’t know - and that the actual death rate could be much higher.

We do have an idea of what it’s like to live through a depression. It sucks, unemployment is high, and it largely took a war to get us back in solid economic footing. I’m not sure if people were dying in the millions over it like they did during the last worldwide pandemic - Spanish Flu.

Also, it’s not just the American economy that’s going to feel the pinch. Coronavirus is in nearly every country now. Everyone will be hurting, not just us. The more Americans we can keep alive the easier it will be to recover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.