Thanks Ben

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I just finished reading the endings of LIP's stay on this forum.
After reading that, I want to take the time to thank Ben and Guy for the fine job they do here. Being relatively new here, I don't exactly know how the hierarchy works here but I must say, it works and it works well.
This forum has been a huge part of my recovery and my renewed interest in my great home state. It makes me want to be out in the pines checking out the things that people talk about here and when I get there, it makes me wish I had a computer with me so I could ask questions about what I'm seeing or where I am. The forum is even responsible for a brand new interest in geology. I was always interested in history and critters but now I want to know about the earth history in the pines.
I get to be a wisearse at times too without getting banned. I'm glad you allow that here, after all, we are all from NJ ain't we?
You do a fine job policing this place as is evident by the great crowd you attract to the forum.
Thanks,

Jay

Jello454

May 30, 2004
Piscataway NJ
I just finished reading the endings of LIP's stay on this forum.
After reading that, I want to take the time to thank Ben and Guy for the fine job they do here. Being relatively new here, I don't exactly know how the hierarchy works here but I must say, it works and it works well.
This forum has been a huge part of my recovery and my renewed interest in my great home state. It makes me want to be out in the pines checking out the things that people talk about here and when I get there, it makes me wish I had a computer with me so I could ask questions about what I'm seeing or where I am. The forum is even responsible for a brand new interest in geology. I was always interested in history and critters but now I want to know about the earth history in the pines.
I get to be a wisearse at times too without getting banned. I'm glad you allow that here, after all, we are all from NJ ain't we?
You do a fine job policing this place as is evident by the great crowd you attract to the forum.
Thanks,

Jay

I must say that is very well put!!!! And I aggree whole heartedly!!!!! I have learned alot from this forum about something I always loved, the pines!!!! I think everyone here does a great job and Im glad that I can be a part of this too!!!!!

Reactions: wks

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Allow me to join in on the applause for NJPB.com.
I have gotten so much from the vast knowledge base here, and I think I've said this before, but the discussions have sparked a renewed interest in ecology, and are pretty much responsible for my going back to graduate school. I am halfway though a masters degree now, and expect to finish it by this time next year, and will probably go on to a Ph.D. program in ecology/entomology.

Reactions: SpecialEd70 and wks

Enoch

Scout
Apr 15, 2007
Camden County, NJ
I hesitate to write anything more about this idiotic incident, but having just wasted 10 minutes of my life watching LIP's latest YouTube rant (10 minutes of my life I'll never get back), I'd like to join in on expressing appreciation for the site.

This is a great site. I've learned an incredible amount of information from the folks who post here. Please keep up the posting on the NJ Pine Barrens. I've been to places I would have never known of had it not been for this site.

And beer. I got back into drinking good beer again after reading some of the threads on here.

So - Thanks.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I
Being relatively new here, I don't exactly know how the hierarchy works here but I must say,

It works like this. Ben owns the site, I have access as an Administrator until Ben decides I no longer do.

Being an Administrator is a learning experience, one that always has room for improvement. I can't speak for Ben; however, I have made some mistakes and regret a few of them. But I think it should be obvious that I am getting quite good at deciding on which threads to join in on, and which ones to stay clear of. Hopefully, as time goes on I get even better at that.

Anyway, I appreciate your kind words.

Guy

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Sometimes, living in or so close to the Pines, one takes them for granted.
Hearing of new places and the adventures of others (and seeing their photos) puts things in an entirely different perspective, and renews interests.
This site goes a long way to making this possible.
We have Ben and Guy to thank for this.
You both do a great job passing out the proper info, and policing the the board to weed out the "trolls". Cudos.
PS--Ben, I hope I never get on your bad side.
That 2nd train wreck photo was the bomb!!!
I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. :rofl:

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
We're now up to three videos on YouTube attacking me.

Also, apparently people have been emailing me and been getting banned. There's only two users banned here, LIP and whomever VeronicaM is. I don't know where he's getting his info from -- clearly he's making it up -- but I wanted to make sure that people knew that I'm not banning people for disagreeing with me.

Ben:

It appears that LIPs is of all men most miserable! He has no real life outside of loathing illegal aliens, wandering aimlessly around the pines of Long Island, eating fast food, and producing rant and rave videos for youtube, a sure sign of narcissism. The only girl friend he could attract is one that consumes human excrement. All of this information can be derived from informational posts here. His only redeeming quality appears to be his photography, although I’m sure he has others, but I’m not sure what they might be.

In any case, do not take these attacks to heart—just consider the source and be proud of being an enabler!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

• Haha
Reactions: manumuskin and wks

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben:

It appears that LIPs is of all men most miserable! He has no real life outside of loathing illegal aliens, wandering aimlessly around the pines of Long Island, eating fast food, and producing rant and rave videos for youtube, a sure sign of narcissism. The only girl friend he could attract is one that consumes human excrement. All of this information can be derived from informational posts here. His only redeeming quality appears to be his photography, although I’m sure he has others, but I’m not sure what they might be.

In any case, do not take these attacks to heart—just consider the source and be proud of being an enabler!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

I hope I never get on your bad side Jerseyman :D

Ben, can you send me the links to those video's?

Guy

• Haha
Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Edit: Also, I want to say that I really appreciate the kind words from everybody. This situation is very frustrating for me.

You and I have taken our hits for some time, so don't let this get to you.

Guy

Reactions: manumuskin

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I hate to admit I just wasted about 25 minutes watching those rants. I only watched the first one for 5 minutes but I watched the entire second one hoping to get a mention for sucking up to the French guy.

Time to go kayaking for a bit. Keep up the good work Ben.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I hate to admit I just wasted about 25 minutes watching those rants. I only watched the first one for 5 minutes but I watched the entire second one hoping to get a mention for sucking up to the French guy.

Time to go kayaking for a bit. Keep up the good work Ben.

Clearly the only reason why you're saying that is because you're afraid of being banned.