1/4 mile fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
Wharton is not a WMA it is a state park. I still say the established roadway could have been fought. There is not one single dedicated map out there of established roadways.

WMA's are regulated by the Div of Fish and Game, not the Div of Parks. They have separate conservation officers, not park police, who are much more aggressive and successful in policing their properties and blocking their trails.

Its a wonder that the Div of Parks does not ask for their help and experience with this issue

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
WMA's are regulated by the Div of Fish and Game, not the Div of Parks. They have separate conservation officers, not park police, who are much more aggressive and successful in policing their properties and blocking their trails.

Its a wonder that the Div of Parks does not ask for their help and experience with this issue

They drive around in ATV's in pairs. There is no way you can get away from them. They look serious.

Guy

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
They drive around in ATV's in pairs. There is no way you can get away from them. They look serious.

Guy

I know many of them and have worked with the SJ manager on a number of environ projects.

Great guy, but eh will soon retire

Div of Parks needs to hire these folks.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I know many of them and have worked with the SJ manager on a number of environ projects.

Great guy, but eh will soon retire

Div of Parks needs to hire these folks.

These were two younger middle aged men that I saw. They were crossing 539 from the Bullock area as I was leaving the road to the Forked River Mountains. I had been at Howardsville on the back road.

Guy

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
the point is ..and NJN news and this are the same news story..is that they always say " a few '..WHICH IS TRUE...

i responded with my name to the article inviting them to come to the cleanup

BTW what great pics above ...brought back memories of pineys collecting sphagnum moss and pulling dead railroad ties

Yellowdog

Aug 20, 2010
left message with Mr Horner..hopefully he will call back..i invited him to the event..and also asked him to speak to the event members if he so chooses

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
IF the land was persevered, the state or the county purchased it or its development rights based on assessed value based on zoning.

Your explanation makes little sense

Tell me what town and the blocks and lots and who preserved it?

I just noticed this one. Who the hell do you think you are to tell me what happened. the land was never purchased it is still ownbed by the same individual. I refuse to give names or locations just do to the fact of the hell he's already been put threw and is going threw now. The land was at one point buildable. It was wanted by US homes and other deveolpers due to the fact that they were building a exit very close to the land off of a mjor highway. He was offered millions and turned it away, but the Pinelands f-d him

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
I just noticed this one. Who the hell do you think you are to tell me what happened. the land was never purchased it is still ownbed by the same individual. I refuse to give names or locations just do to the fact of the hell he's already been put threw and is going threw now. The land was at one point buildable. It was wanted by US homes and other deveolpers due to the fact that they were building a exit very close to the land off of a mjor highway. He was offered million and turned it away, but the Pinelands f-d him

The land was at one point buildable.?

At what point was it buildable

Please tell me how the zoning was changed to make his land worth less.

What was is zoned as when it was buildable and what is the zoning now?

Did he have state and Pinelands approval/certificate of filing, county septic system approvals

If so thats public record

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
The land was at one point buildable.?

At what point was it buildable

Please tell me how the zoning was changed to make his land worth less.

What was is zoned as when it was buildable and what is the zoning now?

Did he have state and Pinelands approval/certificate of filing, county septic system approvals

If so thats public record

Were talking 8 years ago. I do not have the specs handy. I'd have to contact the owner of the land again who's in the middle of a nasty lawsuit.

Kim

Feb 28, 2009

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
We took our walk at 1/4 mile this morning since it was cool and we wouldn't mind walking in the sun. If you can ignore the damage it is still quite a nice area. We like it because the trees are still short from the fire so you can stretch your eyes. A good area for birding and some nice sun tolerant plants still survive. We saw a big buck with a great rack and a large healthy rabbit.
Well that place is always interesting for other reasons.

441a.jpg

449a.jpg

and some nice ground tackle. These photos were taken at just after 9 this morning 9/5/2010.
You can probably grab it if you hurry.
448a.jpg

Oddly, there were many yellow ballons spread around the area.
A fire was still smoldering and there were lots of beer cans.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.