10 inches of snow on the way.....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice photo's of your property Boyd! Thanks.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I did go out about 4PM, along the Davenport Branch:

The open road my Pine Barren Brothers:

watermark.php

This was tough going. I was sweating it a bit, until it dawned on me to tap the trees first, so the snow falls off and they spring up.

watermark.php

That added a lot of weight. This is after I got home.

watermark.php

Oct 25, 2006
Great snow pics Boyd and Bob, thanks for sharing, i will be out in the Pines on Wednesday with Lacey. Buddy is just enjoying it, great.

Jim

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
sorry trailhead, I was off the computer and on my way home at 5:30(4 minsprior to your posting). I ended up going out a little later than planned, ended up covering 74 miles of trails last night from what the garmin told me. got home at 1:42 this morning and was up at 5:00 for work:bang:

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
sorry trailhead, I was off the computer and on my way home at 5:30(4 minsprior to your posting). I ended up going out a little later than planned, ended up covering 74 miles of trails last night from what the garmin told me. got home at 1:42 this morning and was up at 5:00 for work:bang:

No worries, I was late in responding to you. We will just have to catch up another time. Hope you had fun. Love being out in the pines when it snows.

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Snow

Yep, it came. It's about time we had some snow. I personally love the snow and could live somewhere like New Hampshire and be happy as a clam. With having off from work, I went out to Winslow Junction to catch the evening freight in the snow. It showed up 2 hours late because all the switches were full of snow, and the crew had a hell of a time clearing out the 3 switches at Winslow. There's a group of guys who could probably do without the snow. And you would think they would have a system for getting the snow out of the switches, but a cornhusk broom was all they had. And I hear ya on tough going, the drifts were a foot and a half deep in some spots. Still fun though.

Kevin