2017-18 Winter weather

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Snow just started here. 34 degrees and nothing is sticking.

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Just returned from Cape May Courthouse, no snow on any of the roads, including back roads. Very light accumulation on some of the unpaved roads. Nice wintry scenes in some places though with frosting on the trees.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
They were forecasting 1 to 2 inches for my area yesterday, this morning they say less than 1/2 inch. Looks like it will be more of an issue to the West. And with the warm ground and a high of 48 degrees Sunday, it won't last long. :)

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Well since I fueled mine up for the season already, will just wait another month before draining and storing. You never know, but it's starting to look like the cold weather is over. :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Was out on the back roads and just saw the rain change to snow, was pretty cool, it only took a half hour or so. It is snowing pretty hard here right now, good thing it's not colder!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
It is sticking to the trees and really weighing them down. Bushes and small pines around my yard are all bent over. That could be a problem if it builds up too much.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Yea, not sure what to expect at this point.

On a somewhat related comment, I'd like to give the regulars here a big thumbs up. On any other board I frequent, there be dozens of different threads with each weather event.

Here, we've been able to keep things

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Went to bed and everything was covered, with a couple inches on the ground. It actually looked pretty, stuck to the trees, etc.

This morning, it's all melted from the sidewalks and streets.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I just got back from Turnersville and the roads everywhere are clear. The snow has flattened and I bet by the end of the day most of it will be gone.