Another 5AM outing

Don:

Love your photos of Goshen! They bring back so many wonderful memories of my numerous visits out there! The names incised on the bridge plaque stone positively identify the bridge as one that Camden County constructed.

J.J. Albertson served as Camden County engineer for many years. You will find more information about him here:

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/signs-along-highways.4600/

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
Jerseyman,

Here is one you may not be familiar with or at least do not know of it’s where about today.

bridge 003.JPG

bridge 004.JPG

Give up, it is in my backyard. It came from a bridge that was over a branch of the Cooper River on Oak Ave. down from Lawnside in the Woodcreast area. This location was known as Haddon Villa. It does not exist today. They took the whole villa when they built the Woodcrest station for the hi speed line. When they replaced the bridge I pulled it out of the landfill. If you know of any society or organization that wants it, it’s theirs. I don’t know why I brought it home; guess I didn’t want it in the landfill.

Don

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
That was and still is a great thread! Congrats to all partisipants.

Don..what landfill was that in?

Guy

It was a piece of low ground by that branch of the Cooper River. The contractor owned it and was filling it in. We were surveying back there at the time.

Don

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I got a little past Machescatsuxin (I love that name to bad I can’t pronounce it) then I hit water and decided not to go through it. So I backed out.

Don, say "My Cheese Caught Oxen". Say it fairly quickly. It may not be perfect, but it's close enough to pass among company.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

With Jessica feeling under the weather I headed out this morning to do various things I have been planning on doing but have not been able to do yet.

A random view of the sunrise.

IMG_0855.JPG

On the way I stopped at the beaver dam and found the pipe to be completely clogged to the point that no water at all was going through it. If we had a heavy rain that road would have flooded over fully. So I set to work removing their handiwork and in no time at all the water was flowing well. When I returned almost two hours later it had not dropped at all. They will have it filled back in tonight I bet.

Beavers at work right along the road.

IMG_0861.JPG

The green vegetation in the pile is my work.

IMG_0862.JPG

The water again flowing.

IMG_0863.JPG

I then did some scouting for upcoming Black stone searches. I found this tree deep in the woods with it's owners initials.

IMG_0864.JPG

Then to Whitesbogs for an hour and I saw this.

IMG_0867.JPG

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Guy
were those initials at a location you thought there might be a stone?Do you know what they stand for?Did you ever visit the coords down this way of the tree I found with a stone at it's base and in large block letters just like what you have there were carved the word "STONE" down the length of the trunk.I also found another tree last year where a state boundary changed bearing with a tree with the same type of S carved in it but could not find a stone.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There was a deer stand in that tree so I suspect he put the letters in it.

I will be getting back to you soon with new cords for the Black stones that go north. I was there yesterday checking things out but the vegetation is still way to thick. By the middle or end of October we should be good to go.

Guy