Beer (again)

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Flying Fish is supposedly coming out with a beer for each exit on the parkway.. not sure of the last exit though and they certainly cant do every one. My favorite warm weather beer is Long Trail Blackberry Wheat.. barely taste the berry and its nice and light.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Flying Fish stinks! I got a six pack of their IPA the other day. Could have easily confused it with a number of shitty American macrobeers.

You obviously haven't tasted their Double Expresso Porter. Comes in a 4pk and there's a limited quantity. Try it if you see it. I dont think their other beers compare to it. Ever hear of Founder's Brewing Co.? They got a Double Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Stout. These puppies weigh in at 8.3% on the richter and taste like heaven. Damn Im thirsty.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Ever hear of Founder's Brewing Co.? They got a Double Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Stout.

WTF!
Is this a beer thread or a Starbucks thread? I've read enough foolish names for beer in this thread to fill an Alehouse but that name just sounds so...
"Queer eye for the beer guy", it ain't even funny.

g.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
rednek said:
Wait a minute there my good brew sensei !
I seem to remember you introducing me to Flying Fish Hopfish IPA a few years back.
I like the Hopfish.

Rednek-san! I may have introduced you to Stinkin' Fish IPA, but it was a different beer then. Ok, ok...maybe I just had a bad batch. Although, me suspects that bad batches are getting easier to come by.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Largo said:
WTF!
Is this a beer thread or a Starbucks thread? I've read enough foolish names for beer in this thread to fill an Alehouse but that name just sounds so...
"Queer eye for the beer guy", it ain't even funny.

Largo, my friend. If you are under the impression that terms such as "chocolate" and "coffee" have queer connotations in the context of beer, rest assured that they describe merely the color of the malt, which in turn is determined by how long the grains are kilned. So don't be afraid to try out Stinkin' Fish Expresso Porter if you ever see it. It is, as PineyMike correctly notes a good beer. Unless of course sweet beers are not your thing.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Largo, my friend. If you are under the impression that terms such as "chocolate" and "coffee" have queer connotations in the context of beer, rest assured that they describe merely the color of the malt, which in turn is determined by how long the grains are kilned. So don't be afraid to try out Stinkin' Fish Expresso Porter if you ever see it. It is, as PineyMike correctly notes a good beer. Unless of course sweet beers are not your thing.

I get the terms my friend, while I may never be the draft sage you are, I get them. The "connotations" still come across, well, faggish. There was a time when all your colours and malt descriptions and kilned grained ratings weren't needed to knock a few down. It's beer. Yeah... I went there.
It's in to be so "beer savvy", for now. All things pass in time.
I will say, from what I can see, you are the man in the beer world. Hat's off to you sir. You rock. It's still beer. Perhaps we'll share one soon. I'll trust anything you pick.
Just so long as it ain't named like...
"Walt's Flaming Monkey Scrote, Love Canal Pale Ale Blend" or some such.

g.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I don't think the terms used to describe the beers are gay at all, although I would agree that they are a little pretentious and over the top sometimes.
I read Beer Advocate.com reviews all the time and I learned real fast that the term
"earthy" means it takes like dirt.

Tonight I had a Railbender, leftover from a friend's visit this weekend.
Doesn't taste like a rairoad tie and is a good malty dark brew.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Largo, largo, largo...
You really ought to write a book one day, perferrably in the comedy genre.
I must say, however, that I am not the man in the beer world. I just know what's good for me (and everyone else, even if they don't know it).
Hey Largo, BobPBX tells me you like this beer:
Is that true?

Comedy? What with me being so serious and all, I can't see it working.
You like beers that work for you, that's all that matters in the end.
Speaking of the end, bet those longnecks would really... (stop George, stop now) Think anyone would take that beer in the can instead?
Cool video, I actually remember it. I could live with the beer, as long as it wasn't too... hoppy. Never did like Van Halen though.
They seemed kinda Gay to me. Regardless of vocalist.

g.

Hupo224

May 25, 2009
Manchester nj
There are two bands that I'm particularly fond of for drinking in the pines. Iron and Wine and The Appleseed Cast. They are both newer bands, a little modern, but great for some serious relaxing. And if I didn't have to work tomorrow, I would probably be out in the wilds doing just that right now.

Kevin

If you like them two I can suggest a world of bands you would love.

All things pass in time.

Yes, George—especially after the beer moves through the body’s filtration plant! :)

I could live with the beer, as long as it wasn't too... hoppy.

What?!?!?! Not happy about the hoppy? You got a toad in your glass? If you have enough hoppy, you will be very happy! :D :D :D

Welcome back to the land of the living!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Seems I'm the one who's struck some nerves. I'm not bothered, in denial, or at the least concerned about drawing the fire of people who consider themselves aficionados of ummm, oh yeah Alcohol. Trust me all, I can cover your bets on that topic just fine. Enjoy your beer please. Trust me I enjoy mine. I enjoy and draw humor reading about you enjoying your beer. This is one fine thread.
I will have to say though, Thoreau speaks to me here again.
"Simplify, Simplify"
It's beer.

g.