Beer (again)

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Thanks Hawkin!
I think I'll be strappin' on the peg leg this weekend and trying the Barbancourt for starters.
Yarrrgggghhh!!
My curiosity of fine rums lead me to an ongoing quest of knowledge on piracy and famous pirates. I've now got a bunch of books on the topic that are fun to read with rum in hand. My father even invented a new holiday to make it through the stretch between Memorial Day and Labor Day.. Pirate Day. You must dress and talk like a pirate and be able to hold your grog!!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Group hug everyone.
Ahhhhhh, that's better.

Back to beer.
Wouldn't you give your left one to have an Ortlieb's as you watch the Phillies today?
Joe's beer. Plain, cheap, simple and very little taste
Borrowed a lot of those from neighborhood parents' refrigerators as a youngster.
Other popular pilfered beers in my neighborhood were Reading Premium returnables from the mechanic down the road , Iron City, Schmidt's, Piels Bigmouths, Schaeffer and Black Label.
Those were the days.
Life was so simple then.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
HawkinNative said:
Apology accepted! Let me buy you a beer (now we're back on topic).

I'm with ya on the mood thing..my dear old cat AND Blues Queen Koko Taylor died within a day of each other :(
Sorry to hear that. Pour one out for both of them.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
TeeGate said:
If ever there was a thread for the slag heap, this is it.
Guy

Well ... I don't drink. But I do remember liking an old television beer commercial featuring three crooning frogs. They went something like this ...

Frog 1: Bud

Frog 2: Wise

Frog 3: Er

I keep hoping I run into these guys in the field. Ya know ... for the life of me, I can't recall which beer this ad was promoting.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Well ... I don't drink. But I do remember liking an old television beer commercial featuring three crooning frogs. They went something like this ...

Frog 1: Bud

Frog 2: Wise

Frog 3: Er

I keep hoping I run into these guys in the field. Ya know ... for the life of me, I can't recall which beer this ad was promoting.

Whip,
I still remember that first one like yesterday. It was a 1/2 time commercial for the superbowl and of course beer was upon my friends and I. We were kinda lit so everyone kept waiting to see what was going on with these frogs in a swamp going: Errrrrr, Bwuuud, Wize, Errr, wize, Bwud, Errrr etc. etc. till they got in sync then as it started to pull together we were all like "whoa!!"
Us and the rest of the nation I suppose.
That by far was one of Buds best!
Started to get wierd after they befriended the Croc.
Looking at it now I bet you loved it.

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I do patronize Ancora Liquors, which is owned by Hindus because they are genuinely nice to me and appreciate my business.
The woman and co-owner, is very pretty and always smiles and has something nice to say.
Can't ask for anything more than that.

Scott

I second that Mr. Nek!
Pretty is an understatement and she is darned pleasant with nice words always. I have no problem purchasing my humble consumables there.

g.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Whip,
I still remember that first one like yesterday. It was a 1/2 time commercial for the superbowl and of course beer was upon my friends and I. We were kinda lit so everyone kept waiting to see what was going on with these frogs in a swamp going: Errrrrr, Bwuuud, Wize, Errr, wize, Bwud, Errrr etc. etc. till they got in sync then as it started to pull together we were all like "whoa!!"
Us and the rest of the nation I suppose.
That by far was one of Buds best!
Started to get wierd after they befriended the Croc.
Looking at it now I bet you loved it.

g.

Found 'em.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I went back to the very first thread and went through all the pages of this beer thread. A large number of us love beer. It started off simply asking for suggestions on a good beer to drink, it has become a guide to drinking, brewing, visiting breweries, and all other kinds of beer and music related topics. I hope this thread lives on with an understanding that we are getting a great product for free and not to take that for granted.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Let me be the first to get the thread back on track.
I apologize if I may have steered off course at one time or another in this worthy thread.

This weekend I tried a summer ale by Troegs.
It is called Sunshine Pils and is noted as a "crisp, hoppy, pilsner " on the label.
I never had a bad Troegs product and love the Troeginator, so I figured this had to be good.
Well, the Sunshine Pils ain't that good.
Very citrusy flavor that is followed by a bland aftertaste.
I tried to like it but I just couldn't convince myself that it was good.

Bought some more Sierra Summer Ale and a Dead Guy as backups and those, I like.

J_IGNACIO

Feb 29, 2008
bruset said:
Wow, you went through and edited 328 posts just because you got in a huff.

Take your ball and go home. The playground will be here for you tomorrow.

This happen once in Cuscatlan. A man who owns a famouse bar changed the types of rum ha used, so some types were gone and others were new and many people did NOT like this! The south side of Cuscatlan was like a war for 3 days you could not walk through because people were shouting and throwing rocks. To get to work I had to walk around and I hid my liquor because if they had seen the rum someone would have made me their enemy. I thought this sort of thing only happened in back wards south america not here!!!

My Bad!

Folks:

I would like to apologize to the subscribers of these forums for any role I played in the foolishness of the past couple of weeks in the "Beer (Again)" thread and elsewhere. I was in an uncharacterisically bad funk and some stuff here hit me the wrong way. I have since edited my ill-advised messages and privately mended fences with the offended parties but failed to do so publically with Ben and with you, my friends. I shall endeavor to refrain from such acerbic posts in the future. I appreciate your understanding.

Jerseyman

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
It might be fun for those of us who like sampling beers to meet at a bridge deep in the pines to catch the warm summer eve, like on June 20th, at about 7:00 PM. We can swap ice cold beers, drink a couple, shoot the bull, and leave for home with something new for the fridge.

Only a week and a half away?