Status
Not open for further replies.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
http://www.teamnesra.net/drupal/?q=node/24

look at this bunch of crap! One of the night observation spots I caught a pb treefrog before.
I wish i knew about this i coulda had fun with these guys.I coulda made some sounds that woulda made em soil their britches.I have yet to run into anything scarier in the barrens then a party fulla drunks takin target practcie with 22's.thats pretty darn scary,moreso then bigfoot because they were real.
Al

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Hey now, it was never peiced together what all the growling was I used to hear moving across the old bogs of Friendship. Many nights I recall my parents and I standing out in the dark and just listening to what my dad explained was a noise he never heard before in his life. He had grew up in the pines, a true piney till the day he died.
I also remember my mom telling me the story of her and Nanny (my grandmom) trailing human like foot prints made in the snow. She said they followed the prints which lead to the swamp. Full of fear and apprehension, they turned around and went for home.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
To each their own, but why spend that much time in the pines wasting it on something that isn't real.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I canot believe with all the technology we have today that if bigffot and the jersey devil were physical creatures that we have not caught one.They both must be slicker the Osama.I know we knoe where Osama is,even if we can't find him the mossad no doubt can and they would tell us.we don't get hime because we believe pakistan is our friend and we don't want to start a war with them,on the other hand bigffot and the jersey devil are right here.It is possible to hide in a big city if you look human.For those two thats impossible so they have to hide in the woods.If the government wants you and has any idea where your at they will find you in the woods.Our thermal and night vision technology is so well developed you would have to live full time in a cave not to be detected and now we have ground penetrating radar so you'd have to go really deep to beat that and you can't live in a cave indefinitely if your a physical creature the size of those two.not enough food.I come to the conclusion these creatures are either something other then purely physical beings who exist in dimensions other then our own are they are completely bogus.Same goes for ufo"s.They either have access to other dimensions to elude our airforce or they are bogus.Physicists can prove mathematically that their are other dimension (don't ask me how,my maths not that good) so both may be viable options.If bigfoot doesn't exist then forget him,if he slips in and out of dimension also forget him because you will never catch a creature like that you may as well be chasing a ghost.maybe thats exactly what bigfoot is, the remnants of something that once was and now dwell in the earth???do a web search on nephilim...smacks of bigfoot type possibilities to me.
Al

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
The professor teaching a NJ folklore class I took back in college claimed that every state had a legend of some sort of mythical demon or creature passed down by either Native American or European culture. Theories on the sources of the legends ranged from everything from one upsmanship around the campfire to making up something to frighten and keep the children in line. Another possibility is a few centuries of embellishing a story based on an element of reality, as it went from one person to another. In the case of our own winged, goat-faced demon, it could have been something as simple as a baby born with a birth defect barely a generation after the superstitious times of the Salem witch hunts. Over the years the description of the child became more grotesque with each telling, the number of children grew to thirteen, and the perfect mascot for a hockey team was produced.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Truly entertaining stuff.
You've got a better chance of spying Scott out there.
I'll keep an eye out and keep all posted should I see anything suspicious and hairy but that could cover a myriad of fellows.

g

RancocasRover

May 14, 2011
Mount Holly
"We found it surprising that none of the bacon baits (in particular) were missing."
-First time seeing this old thread. The quote above is my favorite part of that awesome original article.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
never saw bigfoot myself but I was wandering along skit branch one february and saw some definitely humanoid tracks barefooted at least a size 13 maybe bigger.I have used the spot as a private swimming hole at times but not in february.Wonder what this guy was doing barefoot in february with his big ass feet.
Al

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
These things are all the rage now for different sports.

fivefinger-shoes.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
that is cool.were they out twenty years ago?Thats about how long ago it was I seen the tracks.
I wonder how flexible the soles are because what i saw looked like a real foot track complete with arch and sand ridges between the toes.In other words the track looked alive,not like a stamp.Would have to be a very flexible shoe to show that detail,like pantyhose.a sock don't even show that detail.
I occasionally walk across the road barefoot in snow to get the mail just to watch people later come across the tracks and see their expressions.It was probably someone showing off like me.Only I run into the house afterwards and hold my feet till they warm up.I wouldn't want to have to walk through snow barefooted more then a couple minutes.Leave a nice set of tracks and then get back in the house:)

Status
Not open for further replies.