can you camp anywhere in the pines?

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
If I understand correctly, the fines - charges are worse if in a wildlife management area !

That would include driving on a road in a WMA after dark.

lowerbankman

Scout
Nov 12, 2008
Lower Bank, NJ
I did a Batona Hike from start to end back in the beginning of March. I obtained camping permits for Lower Forge and Batona Camp, but I never even camped in either site. The first night we camped on a part of the trail a few miles before Quaker Bridge where its just a foot path and didn't see a soul although I think that morning some people did walk by our site, most rangers won't go out patrolling on foot unless they have to. I even camped on the section of trail between 563 and rt. 72, and even though we had a fire and were close to the road no one bothered us, you just gotta keep a low profile and a small fire.

frankdialogue

May 8, 2009
Extended Camping in The Pines

Friends, I have a few questions...I am interested in doing some extended camping in the Pines, the Wharton State Forrest in the next few months...My first questions are these: Are there campgrounds where I can pay a reasonable fee to camp out for say a month?...I will be doing it in a simple manner, with a tent, some equipment and basic supplies...I would like to do this 'legally' if at all possible...What are you suggestions?...I will await replies before I go on to my next questions.

fig138.jpg

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
Friends, I have a few questions...I am interested in doing some extended camping in the Pines, the Wharton State Forrest in the next few months...My first questions are these: Are there campgrounds where I can pay a reasonable fee to camp out for say a month?...I will be doing it in a simple manner, with a tent, some equipment and basic supplies...I would like to do this 'legally' if at all possible...What are you suggestions?...I will await replies before I go on to my next questions.

fig138.jpg
you'll run into problems. there is max number of days you can stay at one site. even if you hop around they will eventually catch up with you. in '86 i was camping because i was working in Wildwood in the winter. after 2 weeks they wouldn't let me get a permit.
there are more people hiking the AT this year then any other year. i think it IS a sign of the times.

a private campground is another story, but its not cheap.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ

A few private ones, steer clear of Chips Folly, that's what it really is. :D I know the ones with * are still in business. Make sure your wallet is full.

Chips Folly Family Campgrounds
http://www.chipsfolly.com
New Gretna, NJ
(609) 296-4434

*Belhaven Lake Resort Campgrounds
http://www.belhavencampground.com/home.htm
1213 Rte. 542
Green Bank, NJ 08215
(609) 965-2827

Pilgrim Lake Campground
New Gretna, NJ
(609) 296-4725

Union Hill Campground
163 Leektown Road
Egg Harbor, NJ
609-296-8599

Turtle Run Campground
New Gretna, NJ
800-894-8854

*Wading Pines Resort
http://www.wadingpines.com
85 Godfrey Bridge Rd
Chatsworth, NJ 08019
(888) 726-1313

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Mike:

The forums administrators removed this guy once, but it looks like he rejoined in the early hours of the morning. Nobody wants what he’s selling, so he should just take a hike and not come back! He is nothing but the end product of what he is peddling, so he may be “hard” to get rid of!

Jerseyman

Banned, again.