Fall/Winter Stone Searching 2021/2022

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I stopped walking right where your video ended Guy. Did you go further?
Yes. We drove to the end of the road where it meets another road. The main area of damage was where my video is other than all of the damage on 72. But throughout the woods trees that were weak had fallen.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Our goal this morning was to look for two stones and a bunch of state corners that are shown on this old map I acquired. We were traveling the edge of the Dan Smith property. The magenta arrows show the stones we found today, the yellow shows the monuments we found today, and the green shows the monuments and stones we found in the past.

dan smith.jpg

The two stones. The first one is right along the edge of 563 and the other is only slightly further in the woods.

DSC_3538a.jpg

DSC_3544a.jpg

And one of the multiple monuments. Fire is the greatest!

DSC_3555a.jpg

We took a three pointer today :)

DSC_3557a.jpg

He had every vegetable and fruit a deer could want. Carrots, broccoli, corn, apples, bananas, peppers and much more.

DSC_3561a.jpg

DSC_3562a.jpg

DSC_3566a.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Our goal this morning was to look for two stones and a bunch of state corners that are shown on this old map I acquired. We were traveling the edge of the Dan Smith property. The magenta arrows show the stones we found today, the yellow shows the monuments we found today, and the green shows the monuments and stones we found in the past.

View attachment 16532

The two stones. The first one is right along the edge of 563 and the other is only slightly further in the woods.

View attachment 16524

View attachment 16525

View attachment 16526

View attachment 16528

He had every vegetable and fruit a deer could want. Carrots, broccoli, corn, apples, bananas, peppers and much more.

View attachment 16529

View attachment 16530

Platanos Maduro! Black banannaers,I love em!

Last edited:

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River

View attachment 16532

View attachment 16524

View attachment 16525

View attachment 16526

View attachment 16528

View attachment 16529

View attachment 16530

View attachment 16531
Looks pretty comfy, I can see by the little jug on the floor this beautiful home has a bathroom too!

Reactions: Teegate

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.

View attachment 16532

View attachment 16524

View attachment 16525

View attachment 16526

View attachment 16528

View attachment 16529

View attachment 16530

View attachment 16531
I am getting to the age where a shooting box with a padded chair and screwed-on Christmas tree camo would be the shit !

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We started this morning at Friendship looking for a Friendship Bog property monument that I have not been able to find in the past. We parked near the bridge and headed into the woods on the other side of the stream.

DSC_3629aa.jpg

This is what we were confronted with.

DSC_3631a.jpg

DSC_3632a.jpg

DSC_3649a.jpg

DSC_3650a.jpg

Along the route we saw a snake. A closer look found it to be frozen solid. It appears to have been eaten or a bird caught it and dropped it from above.

DSC_3638a.jpg

We struck out again as the place was flooded. I was there in the summer the last time and bees were buzzing so loud that I was concerned about an all out attack so I left.

We then headed over to the Apple Pie Hill area to look for a monument on the property line that once was owned by the Pine Crest Buck Club. They had acquired a mile long strip of land from the Jersey Central Railroad all the way to the Bordentown Gun Club on 532. I assume they were concerned about one day being land locked and were trying to eliminate the chance of that happening. When Joseph Truncer and the Wharton survey team were surveying, Truncer had some issues with the survey and contacted the previous surveyor Normand Eldridge to straighten the issue out. Eldridge passed the blame off to a draftsman.

Truncer writing to his team working in the maintenance garage in Green Bank on Lovers Lane.

truncer.jpg

Anyway, along the line on the survey above the state placed a monument. Today we finally were able to find it.

DSC_3655a.jpg

The circle shows the location.

DSC_3659a.jpg

As we were leaving Jessica noticed a deer stand nearby where we found a blood soaked area where they had killed a deer. I took a photo but it may be too grizzly to post. I did say hello to the hunters camera though.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes we did Al. We were near Sim Place and we saw one in the snow.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I just went out to hunt some monuments and a few stones on a new deed I found for the Bevan area just five minutes away.I already know of some stones in the area that were connected to this deed anyway which helped a bit. I know it was supposed to hit 46 yesterday and rain all day.When I got out of work at 4pm yesterday I noticed there was still quite a bit of snow on the ground which isn't conducive to good stone hunting.It was 39 not 46 and was barely sprinkiling.By the time i went to bed it was 34 but raining a bit harder so i had hope.Woke up this morning and looked out the winder and the white crap was still there :-( I got dressed and headed for the woods anyway.Pulled up to my first destination on Ackley rd just west of 555 and got out and walked into the woods edge.I immediately sunk a good six inches into icy crunchie crap.I hate the stuff,love powder but once it's iced I want it gone.I disgustingly got back in the car and here I set on my day off in front of a computer:-( suuny and not too cold here but there the crap is laughing at mne through the winder:-(

Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
I like the snow during the winter to see the different types of terrain. When it started raining yesterday I was out along Bryant and Webbs Mills Roads in Greenwood WMA. I was not getting out of the truck. However I saw a bunch of valleys and hills that "popped out" because of the snow contrast that are right off of the road. These will be my new areas of interest.

Reactions: Boyd and Teegate

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I like powder for walking in the woods.All you here is swish swish swish,almost silent.Wet snow is great for tracking but once it freezes it turns into this stuff I hate.Obnixiously loud and crunchie.The critters have a hard time getting through it to food.It's just miserable stuff.I call it our South Jersey Special.

Reactions: Menantico

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Based on the e-mail you forwarded to me, I'll bet NJ OGIS removed the names from the downloads as well

Just noticed this...
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Redaction of owner names from parcels and tax list database

In compliance with the provisions and protections afforded the personally identifiable information of certain persons, as enacted by Daniel’s Law (P.L. 2020, c. 125), the NJ Office of GIS has redacted owner names from all hosted parcels and tax list database downloads, map services and applications.

A bill to amend Daniel's Law has been introduced in the NJ legislature that would change the process to one in which covered individuals would have to request that their information be redacted from public records. If that amendment becomes law, owner name information for all but those who request redaction will be restored when the new requirements become effective.

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, the man from the state tax website told me there was a bill in the works to make each individual who did not want their name listed to request to have it removed.

Reactions: Boyd and manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They removed them all but the new bill in the legislator will allow them to put them back unless an individual asks to have their name removed.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was out today looking for three property stones on the private property I was on a few weeks back. My calculations were off about 35 feet but was able to find one stone. Most likely next weekend I will again be looking for the others. This stone was once a part of John Irick's land. The deeds I used to find the stone are from 1886 and 1918.

DSC_3684a.jpg

And yesterday I was looking for grave stones of my ancestors. This one in Camden at Harleigh Cemetery is my great great grandfather. Back around 1975 my mom received a phone call from an elderly relative who asked us to stop by as she had family photos and other items. My mom and I drove over and she gave them to us. It has taken me all this time to finally search them out.

GWS.jpg

The bushes need trimming. And it was cold there!

DSC_3669b.jpg

Last edited: