Harrisville Tour

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ariadne said:
Bob,

Have you tried the archives at the Hagley museum and Monmouth County?

Try these links to see if this is the type of thing you're looking for:

http://www.monmouth.com/~mcha3/coll8.html

http://38.115.62.80/cgi-bin/Pwebrec...=748&SA=Dover+Forge+(Lacey,+N.J.).&HC=1&SID=3

I'm fairly certain that the New Jersey State Archives should have some relevent primary sources as well; I've never searched their databases however, so no guarantee.

Hope these help!

Ariadne, I was thinking about your tool for finding charcoal pits of long ago. I'd love to see you demonstrate that some day.......

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bruset said:
Just a reminder, Harrisville tomorrow at 9AM at the Paper Mill ruins.

Jes and I will be there.

I was hoping to find one of my photo's of me there in the 70's but I can't. I will continue looking and if I do find it I will print it out and maybe someone could take one of me in the exact same spot for a "Then And Now" photo.

Guy

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
TeeGate said:
Jes and I will be there.

I was hoping to find one of my photo's of me there in the 70's but I can't. I will continue looking and if I do find it I will print it out and maybe someone could take one of me in the exact same spot for a "Then And Now" photo.

Guy

Let me do the honors!

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Drats! I was hoping to make it but a family thing just came up. And I can already picture my wife's face if I suggest not going. Oh well, next time. Have a great day tomorrow!

Rubibee

Scout
Dec 10, 2002
Moorestown, NJ
Where should we park? I've still got my fingers (& toes) crossed we can make it tomorrow.

What about lunch? Should we bring something with us or will we be stopping at Wawa or something?

Hopefully seeing you all tomorrow.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
4WheelingBee said:
Where should we park? I've still got my fingers (& toes) crossed we can make it tomorrow.

What about lunch? Should we bring something with us or will we be stopping at Wawa or something?

Hopefully seeing you all tomorrow.

There is ample parking at the ruins. Just look for the yellow Jeep.

As for lunch, there is always the Jersey Devil deli in Green Bank. Bring money, because they don't have an ATM, and there is not one around locally.