Harrisville Tour

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
After lurking this site for about a year, I finally went out and met a lot of the folks whose posts I've been reading all this time. Had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone. Got some good pictures, and learned a more in a morning than I would have in a year about Harrisville. I figured it was about time I finally registered and started posting also. Am looking forward to meeting everyone or running into you all in the pines again soon. Now I have to figure out how to post some of the pictures I took on the outing.

Dave

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Banjo said:
After lurking this site for about a year, I finally went out and met a lot of the folks whose posts I've been reading all this time. Had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone. Got some good pictures, and learned a more in a morning than I would have in a year about Harrisville. I figured it was about time I finally registered and started posting also. Am looking forward to meeting everyone or running into you all in the pines again soon. Now I have to figure out how to post some of the pictures I took on the outing.

Dave

Nice to see your a former lurker :) Love to see the photo's.

Guy

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
One of the things on my to do list is to find out what size file is prefered for pictures and make the neccessary changes. Each picture I take averages 1.8 meg. I'll have to find the area on the site for posting photo instructions to find out. Some of them were pretty decent. My fiancee and I will probobly be in the woods up there sunday taking more px and doing some artwork.

Dave,
I belive you can upload any size but your space is limited. I don't know what the limit is but BobM said he ran out of space. For viewing here all you really need is 800x600. I have some loaded that are 1024x768 but they are larger than necessary.

Steve

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
BEHR655 said:
Dave,
I belive you can upload any size but your space is limited. I don't know what the limit is but BobM said he ran out of space. For viewing here all you really need is 800x600. I have some loaded that are 1024x768 but they are larger than necessary.

Steve

As far as I know nobody should be running out of space here.

Edit: Ok, what he might have run into is the limit I have set on file sizes for uploads. You can't upload a picture bigger than 2MB. You should really resize your images to 1024x768 (or 800x600) before you upload, unless you like waiting. (Most broadband connections are SLOW for uploading...)

Banjo, you might find the Gallery FAQ somewhat helpful in showing you how to upload your files. It would be nice if some kind soul would write a walkthrough for me on how to do it.... :)

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
I finally got around to posting a picture!!! Instructions in the FAQ were easy enough. Now I just have to go through the rest of the ones I took, and pick out some of the better ones. They are quite large. I only take my pictures using the largest settings on my camera. Sorry for not posting a link to my gallery here, but it took me this long to posting them, it will take me that much longer to read the instructions for adding the link here. Yes I am a bit lazy, but also have lots of other things to do. Hence my delay in posting the pix. Now, I'm off to add a few more to the album.

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
I added 3 more pix. The rest I will have to do a bit of work on to rotate them or lighten a few up since some of ones I want to post are a bit dark.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That hawk must have been hungry! Thanks for posting them.

Guy

Nice shots Dave. The macro shot looks like a strange forrest.

Steve

normal_Harrisville16Apr05%20087.jpg