Hurricane

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
Just got home from the pines, I could really get use to eastbound 72 being closed, along with southeast bound 563. Of course the closures didn't effect me because I know all the sand roads around. It was dead out there today and I enjoyed it.
Hi Chris -
Wonder what you were doing :) hope it was productive . I'm sure it was .let me know if there is any way i can be of help here :
http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/nj-seashore-line-has-upgrades.7500/#post-88248
. Talk to you soon.
Joe

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
radarDown.png

With a big storm on the door step and they are doing Maintenance??

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Ft Dix (DIX) radar is broken, we may not see it for awhile :(

Message Date: Aug 27 2011 08:52:27 THE KDIX DOPPLER RADAR HAS FAILED. A TECHNICIAN HAS BEEN NOTIFIED AND IS ON THEI R WAY TO INVESTIGATE. M

But since the storm is coming from the South, the Dover (DOX) radar is the one you want anyway: http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=DOX&type=N0R

There's also Philadelphia (PHL) which is high definition, but covers a much smaller area: http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=PHL&type=TR0

None of the computer models are showing the track making a landfall in NJ. The Natl Hurricane center is showing the closest point perhaps 20 miles East of Manahawkin. The CGUN model is a bit closer, BAMM is maybe 60 miles out to sea. Accuweather shows it just grazing the coastline from Manahawkin through Barnegat.

Good luck everyone! Let's see how long we can hold on to our power and internet connections now. :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
NWS forecast today isn't as scary as it looked yesterday...

Today: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 80. Breezy, with a east wind 10 to 13 mph increasing to between 22 and 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Tonight: Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 72. East wind 40 to 50 mph increasing to between 40 and 60 mph. Winds could gust as high as 75 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts in excess of 4 inches possible.

Sunday: Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then scattered rain. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 81. West wind 37 to 47 mph decreasing to between 29 and 34 mph. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks like they have moved the storm further east.

Guy

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
STEP 1: Take note now of your insurance carriers and policy numbers.
Put all your policy information in one safe place (it's possible you may have policies with multiple carriers). This will help you to start the claims process after a storm.
STEP 2: Do a home inventory. Take pictures of your valuables or use a video camera.
STEP 3: Protect your property. Don’t let landscaping and trees become a wind hazard. Remove damaged tree limbs from your yard now.
STEP 4: Stock your emergency supply kit. When you’re at the store, buy extra water and
non-perishable food.
STEP 5: Plan your evacuation route. Learn the best evacuation routes and plan a meeting point at least 50 miles inland in case your family gets separated.

A email my Agent sent me And have a have A Cold Beer:)

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I couldn't believe it. Wegman's located in Lawrenceville has nothing on the shelves. It looks abandoned. I was in the area and wanted one of their great sandwiches for lunch. When I got to the door I just turned around. I hope it doesn't get bad.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This is a pretty interesting web site, if the numbers are accurate. Just click on a location or select it from the list. All the other latest reports I've looked at show tropical storm winds and lower rain estimates, and it looks like it will be arriving earlier than was forecasted. Here's hoping that is actually the case. I've never seen so many boats on trailers heading out. We're all set, it's just a matter of waiting to see what Mother Nature decides to do now.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecasts/wind_us-eastcoast_akt.htm

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I hope those wind numbers are right, they are definitely lower than the other forecasts I've seen.

I believe they are current speeds. It is hard to read on this Touch.

Guy