Music for the day

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good morning! I started a blog earlier this year called Beach and Barrens that focuses on the Jersey Shore and New Jersey Pine Barrens. My most recent post profiled folk singer/songwriter Valerie Vaughn (aka New Jersey's Troubadour). I thought some people here might be familiar with and interested in her work. She writes and performs songs about the Pine Barrens and participated in Lines on the Pines as well as the Pinelands Short Course in the past. Enjoy!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Sad. Another piece of my childhood gone. He was certainly the more serious musician in the bunch.

The next thing you know, we're going to hear that two of the Banana Splits have passed away. Celebrity deaths seem come in threes.
I hope it isn't Fleegle or Snorky.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have noticed that some of you uns seem to like Hippie music.I do also.I"m not quite old enough to have been a hippe but am old enough to remember the era. Not much on their life philosophy but I do dig their tunes.here is a podcast one of may I listen to on a weekly basis.You can download episodes by right clicking the player and then click "save As" and choose your location,actually choose your location first. There are 41 epsisodes and they repeat afrter the last one is aired they go back to one.You'll notice you can only download several episodes back so will have to wait as they reair. https://www.knvc.org/show/186683/professor-hieronymus-jones-feel-good-psych-hour#past-episodes

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I know where that guy who posted that got his moniker. He reversed the name. I had the album for about 45 years and sold it for peanuts a couple years ago (I think).

1648242660867.png

Reactions: NJCoastal

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
4/29/23 is Willie's 90th birthday. :)

Thanks for posting that Slingblade. I have been amazed by Billy Strings since I first heard him play a guitar. There is no other way for me to describe his skills other than that they are truly God-given.

Here's an early video of him. When he gets rolling, his fingers become a blur. The stoner in the background is a nice touch. I think his feet are glued to the carpet. :)