New Forum Software

Pandot

Scout
Sep 30, 2008
Sweetwater
Ben-

I will want to remove my pics prior to you eliminating the gallery. They are my only remaining copies. Haven't found a new home for them yet, but I am working on that.
Thanks, Noelle

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
At this current moment in time, the gallery is in no danger of going anywhere. But rest assured if/when I decide to get rid of it, it will just go read-only for a while and sit for a few months. I'm going to give plenty of advanced notice if/when it goes away.

So nobody panic, your photos are safe.

Reactions: Pandot

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben-

I will want to remove my pics prior to you eliminating the gallery. They are my only remaining copies. Haven't found a new home for them yet, but I am working on that.
Thanks, Noelle

Are you using a different name than Pandot? I looked for your gallery and can't find it. The page tells me there is a page 2 but when I go there it is empty. Can you see that Ben?

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Clear all your cookies, change your forums password and try again. Besides that, I have no idea. It's a buggy piece of software that is incredibly fragile. I'm not going to mess with it any more than I already have.

If it stops working for more people I'll just rip it out faster.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will try that later this afternoon I will get back to you.

Guy

Pandot

Scout
Sep 30, 2008
Sweetwater
Are you using a different name than Pandot? I looked for your gallery and can't find it. The page tells me there is a page 2 but when I go there it is empty. Can you see that Ben?

Guy
No, it's still Pandot. The location has moved since the other day. It is no longer alphabetized and appears on page 2, immediately after "Professor Yahaak"... incidentally his 2 photos are mine, as well. I think that stemmed from way back in Sept '08 or '09, when Ben had some issues with the software and we were asked to re-register. There were several posts and photos attributed to Pandot that were not, in fact, mine. I guess we missed a couple.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I tried Firefox and it works fine. I went to Jessica's computer and Safari works fine. However, in my Safari it does not so it has to be me. I really don't want to delete my cookies right now because it takes me forever to get logged into all my sites, so I will use Firefox when accessing the gallery. I am good with that.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I had 15 cookies with one saying "gallery." That solved my problem and I was able to log into the gallery and I now see all of the albums.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I had 15 cookies with one saying "gallery." That solved my problem and I was able to log into the gallery and I now see all of the albums.

Guy
I was also able to see my gallery after several hours of frustration. I even could add an album but when I wanted to upload pictures I got a message that I did not have permission. So ends my input to this site. I had a couple of trip reports to add. Too bad, completely unnecessary and a great loss!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I was also able to see my gallery after several hours of frustration. I even could add an album but when I wanted to upload pictures I got a message that I did not have permission. So ends my input to this site. I had a couple of trip reports to add. Too bad, completely unnecessary and a great loss!

So, you're quitting a site that you've been a member of since 2003 because there are some bumps in the road with a redesign? Really, Ed? Rather then just send me a PM and ask me what's up you're just going to go off in a huff?

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Ed I hope you will still be posting.I have never met you or Ben.It takes time to work the bugs out of new software and time lots of time.I enjoy 99.9% of the people on here.I hope that everyone will hang in there.Lets all remember this is a free site. My hat is of to Ben and Guy and with time I am sure things will work out.Hope you Ed and others will hang in there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Dogg,

I just upgraded you to Explorer where you should be.

Guy