ORV Management In Sensitive Areas Of Wharton

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Just for everyone's knowledge, I had emailed at the end of September, never received any type of confirmation, I called last Monday and spoke to a very helpful lady who added me to the list, then last Friday I received this, which has nothing to do with confirmation of the Nov 5 meeting, its actually an invite to sign up 5 days before registration deadline:

Attachments

• Signed MT Response Letter (1).pdf
    208.9 KB · Views: 302

Phil Devine

Oct 28, 2015
NJ Highlands
I'm not 100% sure this is the case, but I have a feeling that there could be two separate lists (email and phone call) that will be compiled after the cutoff date. I've seen it done this way for other things and it may explain the confusion. The safest choice seems to be calling though.

That being said, today is the last day to register so if you want to go don't forget!!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I believe that the DEP is still accepting registrations for the November 5 meeting at Hammonton. If you want to go and have not signed up go to the DEP website and sign up. You can also call the number at this link.

http://www.nj.gov/dep/parksandforests/

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

The plan is in place and it will be unveiled later this month at an invitation only stakeholder meeting. They will be discussing their "plan for enforcement in response to the ongoing destruction of the forest by off-road and illegal vehicles in the forest."

It has begun.

Guy

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
Any word on if there will be an opportunity for the public to comment on the new plan prior to implementation? Or was the open microphone complaint session in November it?

I was assuming/hoping they would be taking feedback on a specific plan at some point.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They are going to share their plan on enforcement and also a summary of the stakeholder recommendations for protection of Wharton State Forest from last years meetings. It will be two hours long and by invitation only because of the limited space at Batsto.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe you were most likely not asked because I went as a representative for you. They just used the list from those who went.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
According to the courier post the meeting is 3/22 and the "media are barred from the invitation-only meeting"

Someone attending should tape it :)

From the Post;

The commissioners informally agreed they have the legal right and responsibility to close areas or roads to protect the Pinelands and can develop a Wharton map designating open and closed areas that DEP can use for enforcement. The commission has no enforcement power.

Perhaps they can 'informally' enforce it. What a waste of time and money.

Last edited:

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I believe you were most likely not asked because I went as a representative for you. They just used the list from those who went.

Turns out they emailed me the invite but it bounced. I'm assuming that they put an extra S or T in my last name. Story of my life.

Edit: I ought to start using the Long Island Piney pronunciation of Ruset.

Reactions: RednekF350 and Boyd