Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Reactions: smoke_jumper

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Maybe the PPA should present this well thought out plan to Mayor Nutter. It's got just as much chance working there too. All he has to do is label 50% of the city as "Crime free zones". Then they only have to police the other half. Any criminal caught in a crime free zone will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law Problem solved, no more crime.
It can be called the Crime Reducing Action Plan.

Oh.....and they can sell the maps to the criminals so they know where they are supposed to be. The profits would also fix the budget problems too.
I really do have to find this cool aid:rolleyes:

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
"...reopen all recently closed roads except those that pose a risk to public safety or are environmentally sensitive."

Call me cynical, but this sounds like one of those statements that on the surface everyone should agree to, but with out understanding what they consider a safety risk or environmentally sensitive it really doesn't mean much. After all, didn't they claim that was their intended purpose with the MAP?

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Great info Redneck!!
Some of the highlights:

"...At this point in time, the Plan previously published in draft is suspended indefinitely.......At the same time, DEP will reopen all recently closed roads except those that pose a risk to public safety or are environmentally sensitive. We also are developing a timeline to repair roads in order to provide safe access for all of Wharton's users..........."

Not too often you see governing agencies admit to and then take actions to correct their own mistakes.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Interesting how this comes in the form of a letter to njoutdooralliance.org. Apparently you need to be a special interest lobby of one type or another to get the attention of a State agency. Whatever happened to the concept of being transparent and accountable to all New Jersey residents?

Reactions: Maggie and bobpbx

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Interesting how this comes in the form of a letter to njoutdooralliance.org. Apparently you need to be a special interest lobby of one type or another to get the attention of a State agency. Whatever happened to the concept of being transparent and accountable to all New Jersey residents?

I hear what you're saying. Commissioner Martin was at a stakeholder's meeting last night and announced the changes. Anthony Mauro, whom I am sure has the commissioner's ear, told him that the public really has a trust problem with the DEP and that it'd be helpful to have this in the form of a written announcement.

So yes, sad that the DEP isn't open and transparent to all, but this is New Jersey. Is anybody surprised?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, quite a bit of money has gone into this fiasco. Four or more years of walking woods to get GPS reading of all of the roads, the massive amount of wages for over 12 council meetings and the same for the stakeholder meetings, the meditator for the stakeholder meetings, all of the individuals who made the actual MAP and the firms who were paid for working on it, the wages of the individuals who received all of your emails, the gas to and from the council meetings for the state vehicles, the governors representative who came to many of the council meetings, the time to make the powerpoint presentation, the time setting up the video camera to make the video, maybe the video camera itself, the time and gas the Superintendent spent driving some individuals around Wharton, etc, etc, etc.

What can you add? (Whats not in our wallet?)

Maggie

Scout
Sep 16, 2015
Three Bridges, NJ
I wonder where Mr. Auermuller will be transferred to? An awful lot of funds that could have been used for other things were being wasted, and still are, thanks to this issue.

What do you mean? I didn't see anything in there that indicated he would be personally impacted (??)
Apologies for my naivete if that's it.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
What do you mean? I didn't see anything in there that indicated he would be personally impacted (??)
Apologies for my naivete if that's it.

Just my own thoughts based on seeing similar situations in the past. If he acted on his own without approval from Trenton, the odds go up that there will be consequences, not to be confused as punishment. It is done carefully and without announcements. He may be the one that requests it.